4 10's or 2 12's?

Nimpkin
10+ year member

Okay so I have a '00 Toyota Celica, so I cant fit much back there but i still want to upgrade from my little 10" 300w sub. I just bought a Sundown SAZ-2000d and I have a XSPower battery on the way. Now for subs I'm still open to choices

I've had it in my mind to run 2 12" Fi BL's but the other day when I was gonna order them I thought too myself, I could probably get a louder system for around the same price. Thats when i started looking into a 4 10" setup again. Only thing is, what 10" subs out there are at a decent price with decent power??

The ones that I'm really liking right now is the Sundown SA-10 and the Fi X10. Also along with those is the Audioque SDC2.5-10-D4.

So pretty much what im asking is, what do you guys think i should go with? Any suggestions are welcome as well. And sorry for the long *** paragraph

I would go with 4 SAs... They wont be pushed to their limit what-so-ever... and will bang! But I would recommend building an efficient box. If you cannot fit an efficient box, then I would just get 3 of them... Always better to have less subs in an optimal box, then more in a box that chokes the subs.

I would go with 4 SAs... They wont be pushed to their limit what-so-ever... and will bang! But I would recommend building an efficient box. If you cannot fit an efficient box, then I would just get 3 of them... Always better to have less subs in an optimal box, then more in a box that chokes the subs.
Yeah i get what youre saying. The box will be built by me and my friend (we built the box for his 2 18" DC lvl4's) so ive had decent experience building them. If theres not enough room, ill go with 3 like you said :p

How much space do you have?
I dont know the numbers exactly, I'll have to measure again tomorrow before work. But I do know someone whos done 4 10's, however, I dont know if he was choking them or not though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Nimpkin

10+ year member
Nimpkin
Houston, Texas, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from