4 10's sealed box or 2 12's ported?

:facepalm:

This is such a generic question. You aren't stating what power you plan on giving the subs nor what brand. Different subs work better in sealed boxes, some work better with ported boxes.

Your question is a little too general, and also what kind of sound are you looking for? In the proper setup a dual setup can have as much output as multiple setup

Well, 2 12s have almost the cone area as 3 10s i believe...So Im gonna say that in an optimal ported box, the 2 12s will have equal or greater output...thats if all other variables are equal (power, brand etc.)

:facepalm:
This is such a generic question. You aren't stating what power you plan on giving the subs nor what brand. Different subs work better in sealed boxes, some work better with ported boxes.
i plan on giving the subs 950rms and that the 10's are going to be in a 1.13 cu ft sealed enclosure....i think that u were in such a hurry to correct me that u really didnt read my post. No i didnt tell wat brand really did it for a reason but if it helps i currently have Diamond Audio D3's in a probox thinking about either changing them out to RF P3's in 12" or 4 RF P1's in 10's. The Diamonds have been great subs don't get me wrong their kinda worn out...one has a cut in the cone and a broken binding post, and it's time to change up a lil bit i've had them for 2 years now.

i have a rockford fosgate power1000 5 channel running everything, a set of diamond audio D3 components in qlogic kick panels, D3 coax's in the doors and a set of diamond d3 dtk tweet's in the doors also with diamond audio D3 6x9 coax in the rear deck. Amp has1/0 gauge power and ground, big 3 upgrade and i have two optima batteries red up front and yellow top in back if that's helps any

Well, 2 12s have almost the cone area as 3 10s i believe...So Im gonna say that in an optimal ported box, the 2 12s will have equal or greater output...thats if all other variables are equal (power, brand etc.)[/quote
wat about 4 10s tho? They would have more cone area than the 2 12's thus with the same power, efficient enclosure,etc... the 10s should have more output right?

Technically it all depends on the box. 2 12's in a bandpass will be louder (at certain freq's) than 10's sealed with the same power. Personally I would rather put 1000 to 2 12's in a 4.5 cube box tuned to you vehicles resonant freq, than 1000 to 4-10's sealed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.