4 Type-R 12s, 2 FI BTL 15s or 2 RE SX 12s?

plyer3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok, here's the deal. I got a friend who currently has 4 Type-R 12s installed in his Honda Accord. They're in 2 sealed dual custom fiber boxes .75 cubic ft I believe. He wants to get something louder. After he heard my FI BTL 12, he wanted to get something like those. What's the best 2-4 subs he can get?

He was thinking about giving me 4 of his Type-R with the boxes and have me order him one FI BTL 15 for now.

He has 2 RF T1000BDs and will get 2 more because he can trade both of his kenwood amps for the RFs for free.

Oh and the subs are for daily and I noticed that FI has an option for Daily or SPL. Is Daily just less loud? And what are all the other options for such as the helix, heat ring, and chamfer?

BTW, I got my FI BTL used from an eBay seller who said it was loaded with all the options.

4539_86813742337_500012337_1973142_.jpg

One on the left is his

n1026000201_30273200_898432.jpg

How much room does he have?? And does he have the electrical to be able to back up 4 of those amps??
He has all his trunk space, man i need to get a pic of his crazy install. Best Buy had to remove his spare tire and do all glass in the trunk with the boxes on the sides.

He can get rid of the back seats if he has to.

And yes, he has the electrical system, he was able to play those 4 type-rs with 900rms going into each of them all full vol. Finally blew one of them, but he's getting it replace tomorrow. I believe he said he's gonna get couple more batteries.

he might try to cut down on some space, two looks better. he may go with ported boxes
If he's trying to cut down on space why is he considering 2 15" BTLs?? Would take up about the same space as the 4 SXs would.

IMO i think he should sell the 2 RF 1ks, buy a 3k - 3500 watt amp and run a single fully loaded BTL 15 ported.

If he's trying to cut down on space why is he considering 2 15" BTLs?? Would take up about the same space as the 4 SXs would.
IMO i think he should sell the 2 RF 1ks, buy a 3k - 3500 watt amp and run a single fully loaded BTL 15 ported.
hmmm if the two 15s take up same space as the 4 Sxs then he'll probably want something different. what about 2 BTL 12s? but then again, anybody know if the brands will affect it?

how in the **** does he have room for four 12s in his trunk? what year is his accord?
2005 Accord, like I said. He had to get everything custom built. Look at the pics above, two 12s in center and 1 on each side. 4 amps are on the bottom covered with glass.

You don't need much cone area to get a trunk loud. 2 10's, 2 12's, 1 15, that's it.
haha true, one 12 is loud enough for me. i couldnt sit in his car when he had his 4 type-rs turned up. we drove around a street and my ears couldnt handle the sound pressure..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.