4channel amp wiring with a Scosche interface involved..

Participant count
  • Participant list

HzJam09

Ive got a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe with the factory Bose System. Currently running stock speakers (8), a Clarion NX603, and a active subwoofer from Infinity Audio (this sub has a small amp that is already integrated onto the subwoofer housing). The clarion unit is attached to a Scosche wiring interface.

Im trying to install an old amp I had laying around, its a JBL CS60.4, a 60wx4 channel amplifier. My question is; If Im trying to install this 4channel amp to run all my speakers except the subwoofer, how would I make the OUTPUT connection from the amp to the Clarion unit? Do I not use the Scosche interface completely? I understand the RCA inputs of the amp is fed from the RCA outputs from the Clarion. Calling Crutchfields was no help obviously, instead of giving me the solution, his alternative answer for me was directed towards a sales.

Your knowledge and aid would greatly be appreciated.

Oh I forgot to mention that my vehicle came with a Bose factory amp and it has a cross-over if I'm not mistaken. Which adds another question, given that I have the Scosche interface hooked up the wiring harness of my Clarion, would that indicate that my bose factory amp is currently bypassed?

If you want to run an aftermarket amp, just run your rca preouts on the Hu to the amp. Tie in the 4 speakers to the new amp via stock harness. Where in OC are you? Assuming you're in Cali.

Oh I forgot to mention that my vehicle came with a Bose factory amp and it has a cross-over if I'm not mistaken. Which adds another question, given that I have the Scosche interface hooked up the wiring harness of my Clarion, would that indicate that my bose factory amp is currently bypassed?
No unless you bypassed the factory amp

If you want to run an aftermarket amp, just run your rca preouts on the Hu to the amp. Tie in the 4 speakers to the new amp via stock harness. Where in OC are you? Assuming you're in Cali.
thanks for the reply. Could you be a bit more descriptive. I know you're referring to the wiring harness of the clarion but if I wire the amp directly to the wires of the wirness hardness of the clarion, what about my factory cross over. Isn't it better to have a crossover working when powering 8 speakers from a 4 channel amp? I'm in Anaheim

thanks for the reply. Could you be a bit more descriptive. I know you're referring to the wiring harness of the clarion but if I wire the amp directly to the wires of the wirness hardness of the clarion, what about my factory cross over. Isn't it better to have a crossover working when powering 8 speakers from a 4 channel amp? I'm in Anaheim
sorry misprint, ok you're saying that I should wire the amp to the stock harness. How? Behind the HU? And after I wire it, how does that go into the clarion

Pull out one of the tweets and see if there's a cap attached. If not then it's probably crossed at the amp which will mean you'll need to add one at the tweet. Is the amp active capable?

sorry misprint, ok you're saying that I should wire the amp to the stock harness. How? Behind the HU? And after I wire it, how does that go into the clarion
Yes wire the speakers to the new amp using the harness wires after the factory amp. Or run new speaker wire to them. Run rca's to the new amp from the Clarion to get your signal.

Yes wire the speakers to the new amp using the harness wires after the factory amp. Or run new speaker wire to them. Run rca's to the new amp from the Clarion to get your signal.
right, I know that the outputs of the clarion Feds into the inputs of the new amp. But honestly I'm still lost after that. This is my first time trying to wire a 4 channel amplifier and I'm so confused..should I just take it in to a shop? Maybe you provide service?

right, I know that the outputs of the clarion Feds into the inputs of the new amp. But honestly I'm still lost after that. This is my first time trying to wire a 4 channel amplifier and I'm so confused..should I just take it in to a shop? Maybe you provide service?
Check your pms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.