6 10s... area needed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ryanthie
10+ year member

Needs moar loud
I'm thinking that just for laughs and to answer curiosity questions, about how many cubes would I need to build a ported box for 6 very, very low end ten inch subwoofers?

to be exact, the very low quality subwoofers would be Lanzar MAX 10's. I can't find on their website a recommended enclosure size or anything.

usually 1.5 cubes each on the higher side i would think that 10 cubes would work for all 6.

thw 10 cubes is before port and sub displacement
Okay cool, thanks.

Looks like I won't be doing this lol. Not enough room for that in the vehicle this go around.

You could easily get by on about 8 cubes plus port. I've looked into this extensively myself. I have about 8.5 cubes to play with in my hatch and I've played the 8 8's, 6 10's, 4 12's, 2 15's, and 1 18 game for quite some time now...

EDIT:Also just noticed 1.5 cubes per driver for six drivers is 9 cubes unless you're factoring in an unknown displacement?

You could easily get by on about 8 cubes plus port. I've looked into this extensively myself. I have about 8.5 cubes to play with in my hatch and I've played the 8 8's, 6 10's, 4 12's, 2 15's, and 1 18 game for quite some time now...
EDIT:Also just noticed 1.5 cubes per driver for six drivers is 9 cubes unless you're factoring in an unknown displacement?
Wish I had more space in my car for it... 6 10's would bang even if they ARE some POS Lanzar MAX series. If I were to go sealed I could do 4...

But I'm thinking even with 500w less power, a DC level 3 15 ported would be louder anyway... not too sure

back in the day a guy I worked with has 6 10" kicker comps in a sealed box. To this day, that was one of the best sub systems I ever heard. It was loud, not crazy spl meter loud but loud. It sounded clean and just hit. I know some people say its the devil, but ever thought about Iso mounting those subs to cut down on the box space?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.