6.5 components that can handle 200rms?

plyer3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Thinking of replacing my Type-R 6.5 components with something that can handle 200rms. Any suggestions? i see that the re XXX 6.5s can handle 150 and that's the most i've seen. i'm more towards spl, but would like quality for my fronts.

Getting rid of my rears, so my pdx will be able to do 200rms x 2 bridged 4ohm or 2ohm. rears will have no speakers.

Im running 200 watts thru my Type X's and they sound good!!!
i heard they were sound good, haven't heard them in person though. if they can handle 200rms i'll probably give them a try.

edit: wait are you running 100watts to each or 200watts to each?

I would go with something with great SQ, and stay around 100 rms. Adding a few more watts won't really make a difference really. Those Type r's probably sound pretty harsh given their rated power i can imagine.

I would go with something with great SQ, and stay around 100 rms. Adding a few more watts won't really make a difference really. Those Type r's probably sound pretty harsh given their rated power i can imagine.
I think running 200 watts over 100 watts will actually make a difference.

well i can either have both 6.5s and 6x9s or just 6.5s. my amp does 100rms x 4 @ 4ohm. how does type-rs sound compare to the rockford fosgate t1 6.5s? thinking about getting all rf for my mids and highs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.