6.5 comps and 6x9 set WHO KNOWS THEIR STUFF?

get an amp and run them off that instead of the HU, deaden your doors and then make a budget of where you want to spend and we can help think of ideas for speakers then. But the first two are a definite need to be done thing.

I'm using a Cadence txa-3004 that will be doing 75rms x 4channels @ 4 ohms. I'd like to spend no more than another 200 on the 2 pairs of speakers. 250 would be pushing it but I'm open to opinions. Thanks. And this will be in a 2004 WRX where the door panels are incredibly thin.

Suggestion for you to cover the whole audio spectrum:

Front: TS-D720P $120

Sub: SW1051 $33

Box: Sealed 0.8cf $20

Total: $173 + ship

Take out your rear 6x9's, as the sub will do a lot more for you than they ever could. Use 2 channels for the comps, bridge the other 2 for the sub.

Sub specs, manual.

And if you can, deadening (and possibly sealing) the doors will help out tremendously.

for the kind of money your talking about get 1 banging set of front comps and then forget about anything below 50ish hrtz. bridge the channels to run 150rms to each side and be done. Rear fill almost always *****, and ruins the soundstage.

Oh, and get a sub.

I am actually running a TXA 3004 right now. I am running PG RSDs in the front and they would great. For the rear deck I have alpines Type S 6x9s. I also run no subs at the moment. The 6x9s put out the bass so you can hear it but you wont feel much of anything. All in all though I am happy with how much I spent on it all. $450 all said and done. That includes the speakers the amp a head unit (Alpine CDA-9884) and a wireing kit. Total time to install about 10 hours.

yes but i don't want a sub. i only have door speakers right now and were going to add 6x9s and take out the rear door speakers.
Sorry, misunderstood you having rear door speakers when you stated that you wanted 6x9's in the rear deck.

If you absolutely don't want a sub and do want rear 6x9's, then look at these D series coaxs. You certainly won't get anywhere near the added depth to the music as with a dedicated sub, but those D series are quite capable and impressed me, just like the previous model REVs.

Well, for $200 you could go with the CDT M6. From the comments posted by CDT dealers and users, the M6 drivers have the ability to play down into subbass frequencies quite well (in the 20-30 Hz arena).

Well, for $200 you could go with the CDT M6. From the comments posted by CDT dealers and users, the M6 drivers have the ability to play down into subbass frequencies quite well (in the 20-30 Hz arena).
the mounting depth is too deep on those if i want to put them in the front doors. I guess I could put them in the rear deck but still that's more than I would like to spend on a set of speakers.

the mounting depth is too deep on those if i want to put them in the front doors. I guess I could put them in the rear deck but still that's more than I would like to spend on a set of speakers.
Yeah, I meant for rear deck since you don't want a dedicated sub... just band pass them for something like 28-80Hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.