6.5 comps front, 6x8 rear

Participant count
  • Participant list

pearlsjam79
10+ year member

Need some help on speaker choices. I'm fairly new car audio. I'm a home stereo nut. I picked up a head unit, KW KDC-x993 and a couple of amps cheap. The amps are MB Quart Discus 500.1 and DSC480. Going to run a JL 10w3v3-2 sub.

I've read a ton on this subject here and there are so many choices. My budget is $300 for both sets of speakers. I want to run 6.5 comps in the front and a decent set of 6x8 in the rear. I have a ford f-150 extended cab pick-up. The hardest thing for me is I can't hear all these before I buy. I have always demoed any home audio before I bought. I am most concerned with overall sound quality and reproduction. Not looking for crazy volume levels. I listen to mostly Alternative/Indie type rock. I spend about 2 hours a day commuting back and forth to work, so I want something bulletproof that will perform day in and day out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Spend the 300 dollars on one set of fronts. Leave the rears stock, and don't waste amp power on them. If you are looking for sound quality you won't be sorry. The way our ears are shapped we cannot appreciate differences in sound quality between different speakers mounted behind us the way we can from those in front of us. Stock rears should be fine for whoever squeezes in back there.

Spend the 300 dollars on one set of fronts. Leave the rears stock, and don't waste amp power on them. If you are looking for sound quality you won't be sorry. The way our ears are shapped we cannot appreciate differences in sound quality between different speakers mounted behind us the way we can from those in front of us. Stock rears should be fine for whoever squeezes in back there.
uhhh wut?

dude..honestly..anything you get for car speakers..in my opinion I would go with RF..hands down I think they make the best 6.5s and 6x8-9s. and plus they arent expensive either...and get a nice 4 channel amp and your done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.