6 speakers to Pioneer DEH-P3000IB Headunit..How?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tresvatos
10+ year member

I have six (6 ) polk coaxial speakers and they are rated at 4 ohms each. I need to know how many of these I can hook up to just my head unit before the head unit cuts out. I can wire the two sets of front speakers in parallel which would appear as 2 ohms to the head unit., i beleive. The headunit DEH-P3000IB ,has a 50x4 mosfet amplifier,but I don't know what would be the best way to wire the 6 speakers for the headunit to handle them the best. Any ideas? Thanks for any help

What would be the best way without using an amp? Since the radio has the 50x4 watts, I don't want to waste that power by going directly to an amplifier. Thanks

If I used a pioneer 4 channel 400 watt amp, what would be the best way to wire the speakers? What could i use the headunit's 50x4 watts for if i did this? Thanks

If I used a pioneer 4 channel 400 watt amp, what would be the best way to wire the speakers? What could i use the headunit's 50x4 watts for if i did this? Thanks
the hu doesnt put out 50x4 rms it probably does 17w rms per set of speaker wires so an amp would be your best bet

the hu doesnt put out 50x4 rms it probably does 17w rms per set of speaker wires so an amp would be your best bet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.