8" mid-bass: 150rms(ish) and 50 - 5000 Hz.

well, I'm 1/2 walling my x-cab. Bridging an MBQ 4125 : one 15" @500rms; two 10" @250rms + the two 8" mid's amped from 4channel Kenwood XR-4S.

I was hoping to use the 8" mid's in place of the 6 1/2" component midrange that are in the rear sides. I thought I could used the crossover and keep the tweeters.

Possible?

5khz isn't going to happen with an 8"er, at least not in a car audio environment, and not without a ton of EQing.
Why 5khz?
my mids can do that ( so can my 15" subs actually lol), but you'd want the both 8's directly on axis to avoid beaming. His overall idea is flawed, just pointing out that some mids CAN get to 5k. lol my car has a nasty spike at 4k just playing the mid was funny the the first time I ran them with no HPF. .02mh inductance ftw. In general you usually won't cross an 8 mid much past 1.2k or so. If you going to use a premade crossover just use the speaker that come with it. If you want to mix and match drivers then go active, there are lots of ways to do that in a car anymore.

ive heard a few 6.5s on axis sound pretty decent up to 4kw.. personally id never ask a 8in to play past about 3500 even on axis. your tweeters should beable to play down to 3khz no problem.. ive seen all to many times cone breakup and beaming crossing that high.. just get you a 3way setup

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.