96 Toyota Camry

If your lights are dimming now, how the hell do you think you are going to support 4kw? I have a toyota matrix and now have an 170a alt from ohio gen (with the readouts to prove it) I have a high capacity battery under the hood and I am running (a total of all my amps) 2000wrms and it is just BARELY enough to keep up. You are going to be running double that. I think you might have problems in store. Very similar charging systems we have. I have upgraded my big three with 1/0 also.

I know a bigger alt is probably out of the question (because higher output alts for toyotas are scarce, i had a hard enough time getting mine at a decent price), but you might want to talk to some of the other guys around here on what your other options are.

Well like I said, the lights only dim when my car is idle, and I also dont have a cap... But I dont disagree with you, I will have some trouble with powering the 4k watts. Ill worry about that when I have the new amps, which wont be for a few more weeks =P

Also like you mentioned, high amp alts are very hard to find for camrys and I have never even heard of anything over 180 amps for one. The only option I can think of would be getting a battery in the back and a cap, or getting a new car lol

Did everyone miss the part where he said he has his gain ALL THE WAY UP! Turn that sh!t down, adjust it properly with some tones. That's just dumb, you're going to blow the sub with a clipped signal if not the amp before from overheating.. You seemed like a "smart" guy doing the alt upgrade and big 3, but then you said gain all the way up and you "don't have a cap yet"... You def do not need 4000watts if you are already dimming.

I don't get it why you guys keep saying my lights are dimming, because they aren't... I said earlier that they dim so slightly you cant even notice when my car is cold and idling, and not at all when its running. As far as the 4kw amp, ill be getting a battery or 2 for the trunk and also upgrading all wiring to 0 gauge.

Wanted to ask you, did you ever have a problem with your lights dimming when putting your windows up? I was just curious if the big 3 helped that. I figured it may have been a grounding issue with the stock electrical because my current setup never even dimmed my lights.

Wanted to ask you, did you ever have a problem with your lights dimming when putting your windows up? I was just curious if the big 3 helped that. I figured it may have been a grounding issue with the stock electrical because my current setup never even dimmed my lights.
Yeah they used to dim. Im not sure if it was the big 3 alone that stopped the windows causing my lights to dim, but it could have also been a combination of that and a h/o alt with a optima battery.

Finally I got around to making my custom 6 x 9 panels. Mu sub box in the trunk is to big for the 6 x 9 to sit recessed behind the back seat to I made custom panels. Ill be fiberglassing them ether today or tomorrow.(And ill put those pictures up too) Here are some pictures of what I got done yesterday.

000_0001.jpg

000_0002.jpg

000_0003.jpg

000_0004.jpg

000_0005.jpg

000_0006.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.