9835 vs 9855

If you use the iPod, 9855...otherwise it's a no brainer for the 9835. I've owned 2 of each. I've gotten used to the Glide Touch after initially detesting it, and now like it w/ the iPod.

The first back of the 9855's DID have issues, but the 2nd and newer batches are as reliable as any Alpine deck in recent years.

the 9855 is horribe in my opinion we sold em and we hate them well sell you a 9855 then in a few weeks once the glide touch stops or you have an issues with it or you flat out just hate it we will then have to put in a different deck... 9835 gets my vote.

the 9855 is horribe in my opinion we sold em and we hate them well sell you a 9855 then in a few weeks once the glide touch stops or you have an issues with it or you flat out just hate it we will then have to put in a different deck... 9835 gets my vote.
Since you say "sold" as in past tense, I'm assuming y'all aren't selling them now...I have hardly heard of any issues with the 2nd and newer batches.

we stopped ordering the 9855's i may try them again but since we are so close to the new year i thing ill just happily hold off for the time being.

Well, I think the Glide Touch is here to stay. The DVA-9965 has it as well.

The idea really is a great one, but ONLY when it's used w/ the iPod. They should have left the functionality the same as the 9835 for the knob and other buttons. That would have been perfect, IMO. I actually don't mind the Glide Touch now that my 9855 is basically just a transport since it really is great w/ the iPod.

I have the 9835 and its an amazing deck. I have it running 4 infinity kappa's and the sq is wicked. I cant wait to hear it when i have the speakers amped. And theres so many settings that you can play around with, id definitly go with the 9835. The new alpines have had alot of complaints. I was going to get the 9855 until my car audio friend told me all the problems they were having. Stick with the 9835, you wont be disappointed.

My buddy has a 9835 and loves it. I use a 7998, and had the unfortunate experience of getting a 9855 as a loaner deck, while my 7998 was out for repairs.

I despised it. Didn't sound good... in fact, before I played with time correction, it sounded absolutely awful. But I think my 7998, with no adjustments to time correction, would sound better than a 9855 tuned for my car. I was very, very dissapointed that alpine would sell something so craptastic... with their reputation for selling no nonsense decks.

Glide touch can go to hell. Anybody have a 12 disc changer, and try using glide touch!? HA! If I were forced to change decks, I'd buy clarion. Alpine is nothing to me now! Hahaha, so I'm being a bit dramatic... sue me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

My buddy has a 9835 and loves it. I use a 7998, and had the unfortunate experience of getting a 9855 as a loaner deck, while my 7998 was out for repairs.
I despised it. Didn't sound good... in fact, before I played with time correction, it sounded absolutely awful. But I think my 7998, with no adjustments to time correction, would sound better than a 9855 tuned for my car. I was very, very dissapointed that alpine would sell something so craptastic... with their reputation for selling no nonsense decks.

Glide touch can go to hell. Anybody have a 12 disc changer, and try using glide touch!? HA! If I were forced to change decks, I'd buy clarion. Alpine is nothing to me now! Hahaha, so I'm being a bit dramatic... sue me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Once again, try it with an iPod sometime.

As far as it sounding bad, I've had Alpine decks ranging from the older 7838 to the 7995 to the 9813 to the 9835 to the 9855...and with doing proper tuning, all will sound the same.

Once again, try it with an iPod sometime.
As far as it sounding bad, I've had Alpine decks ranging from the older 7838 to the 7995 to the 9813 to the 9835 to the 9855...and with doing proper tuning, all will sound the same.

Wrongo! my 7850 still sounds MUCH better than my 9835 with all the eq work in the world!

Hey Im just relaying the problems I've noted with the 9835 and it is FACT that alpine's QC has been dropping off for quite a while now....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

thadman

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
thadman
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date