99 Civic EX with 18" BTL on 3000watts

Where are you at in San Diego? Those apartments look very familiar.
Rancho Bernardo. Do you live in louisiana or san diego?

hey man if ya need any ideas look at my build log. im doing an 18 in a small trunk and i put the battery in the spare well. hit me up man. good to see another trunk car with some balls in it (bigger than a 15" sub) lol
Lol yea i'd say this thing has some big ass balls to it. But cool i'll check out your buildlog too see if I like anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Basscort: can you reupload your pics? Most of them say that they were moved or deleted so its hard to see the in between parts of your process

Plottin4success: Sweet yea Mission Valley is a nice place to stay. You gotta come back to SD man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Another update: Battery is resting at 12.75volts so i'm good to throw it in. Got some replacement boltheads for the stock battery holddown sticks so it'll actually hold down the battery. I read somewhere about running your battery through 10 cycles of charging it by driving around with all audio off, then running the audio with the car off to reduce the voltage back down. By doing this your battery will be "worn in" and operate with full power. I may try this while i'm still waiting for my alt to be ready for pickup

Last edited by a moderator:
How the ****? I had a hard time stuffing a 3.5cu box in my Maxima trunk.. What size is that box net?
you are not doing it right then.. I fit a 6.xx box In my 2nd gen altima and had room to fit an 8 or so cube box.. that still left me enough room for 2 batts on the sides.. could fit two more on each side and in the spare tire well

Basscort: can you reupload your pics? Most of them say that they were moved or deleted so its hard to see the in between parts of your processPlottin4success: Sweet yea Mission Valley is a nice place to stay. You gotta come back to SD man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Another update: Battery is resting at 12.75volts so i'm good to throw it in. Got some replacement boltheads for the stock battery holddown sticks so it'll actually hold down the battery. I read somewhere about running your battery through 10 cycles of charging it by driving around with all audio off, then running the audio with the car off to reduce the voltage back down. By doing this your battery will be "worn in" and operate with full power. I may try this while i'm still waiting for my alt to be ready for pickup
my bad man i moved them around photobucket and they got chopped up. after a couple days im gonna do a uninterupted buid log with nothing but pics so ill reupload then.

my bad man i moved them around photobucket and they got chopped up. after a couple days im gonna do a uninterupted buid log with nothing but pics so ill reupload then.
Alright sick yea i'll definitely check it out :]

Battery is in as of last night. Trying to cycle it a few times now. My I-Bar 555 battery terminal that I got is kind of confusing. Im wondering what kind of bolt goes into the side terminals on it and also if that bolt will fit well onto the 1/0gauge terminal that came with my knukonceptz amp kit. Let me know if any of you guys know. Otherwise i'll just use the spacer that came with the terminal and attach it to the top terminal when the time comes. So anxious for my alternator to be ready. But I need to order sound deadener too. Wtf do I choose..

*UPDATE*

CLD tiles and a sheet of CCF on its way from Sound Deadener showdown as I type. Decided to put everything in today even though it wasnt all here, got as far as putting the speaker terminal cup in the box, putting the sub in the box and wiring it to speaker terminal, and getting the hugeass box on top of my rear seats that are folded down. I either have to remove my rear seats and/or cut some metal on the sides that are in the way of getting the box through. I'll try and take a picture of what i'm talking about tomorrow before I cut it (if it cut it.) They KINDA look like support metal from the sides to the bottom of the car but im not certain as to if its needed or not. My civic is so **** small it took me and two other friends to barely get the box in. I wish the doors would open up more, but at least we got the box INSIDE the car. More to come later. As for now, I need sleep before my friends come again in the morn to help finally get box into the trunk. Goodnight fellow bassheads

BAD NEWS. My box wont fit in my trunk. Its just too **** tall. And even if I got the box itself in, with the sub attached on top it just wont reach in there. What ***** too is I even cut the metal on the sides in between the trunk and the back seat for nothing now. I took out the Seat Backs and the box is sitting on the the bottom seats. It looks like im going to keep it on there as I have no other choice, unless if/when i build another box thatll fit in the trunk. Or since im already losing use of my back seats I could try and wall the sub, but thatd also be kind of a pain. Sorry I still dont have any pics of this, but I promise soon

So im an extreme procrastinator, but I have pix for everyone now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif So here it is

1041450.jpg

By carnivorous18 at 2010-05-02

New headunit I like it

1041449.jpg

The beast resting. U can see where I just ran a bungee cord across it to help hold it down

1041447.jpg

Amp installed right above the port. You can see the mess of wires, but its hidden good when the seats arent leaned forward

1041446.jpg

You can see here where the bungee cords are connected. The box has been moving forward against the back of the front seats all this time and the bungee cord came to mind as I was taking these pictures.

1041441.jpg

Heres the back of the box viewed from the trunk. It was just a tad too big to fit it in, id have to cutoff metal hinge where the back seats connect but I wanted to keep it incase I ever wanted back seats again. I think I do, or at least one maybe.

1041440.jpg

Wider view of the front and the cabling

1041439.jpg

Originally I ran the wire out of this hole I made, extremely visible, through the space in the door when its open, through WHEEL WELL, zip tied to the top of the wheels control arm and up through into the engine bay through another hole I had drilled. I soon realized the wire was rubbin against the tire a lil too much for comfort; so my friend showed me how to wire it through the fender and in from the rubbergromet hole that the electronics wires from the door go into. That way I didnt have to squish it between the door and eventually make it break, and its not visible anymore. Just the **** hole I should have never made in the first place.

1041438.jpg

View from the right. My poor back seats have been conquered.

1041437.jpg

As it would look like from the rearview mirror

I still need to get two more batteries to keep voltage stable and lights from dimming. Im contemplating doing the in-trunk build so I can have my back seats back

THE ELECTRICAL

My big 3

1041455.jpg

Engine to chassis

1041456.jpg

Positive from NEW 180amp DC alternator..

1041457.jpg

Fused to batt positive

1041454.jpg

Batt negative to chassis

All the stock connections were kept in place also. It would have been more work to remove the stock alt positive to batt positive anyways. Like I said im lazy and a procrastinator //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

1041453.jpg

You can see where my power wire ran through the fender. Its connections central right here

I took test videos, they'll be up soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmao no way. Yea its loud cept unfortunately right now it mostly transfers into shaking the car sound. When I have the drive to do it im gonna put in the sound deadener I got in the trunk and soon i'll rebuild or pay to have someone rebuild a box inside the trunk for me. Then getting the last two batteries and maybe a batt isolator and im good to go.

But then I also want to replace my speakers with an amp to power those too. Gah still much more to come.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.