a 3 ohm w7 with a 2 ohm load

i have my 12w7 jl, its brand new, but i was wondering if i could kick it with an amp with a 2 ohm load, because a the w7 has a 3 ohm coil, and the only amp that moves 3 ohm load its the jl 1000/1, but the problem its that here in mexico that amp goes up the 900 usd, and i cant afford that.

i was thinking in a jl 1800d, maybe a hifonics, an amp mtx 1501, a mmats, or anything that works beyond the 1000 watts barrier.

will i get any problem with the ohms?? any suggestions about the amp.

luis gamboa

alpine 9835, ipod and interfase alpine, mtx 6.5 set, mtx triaxial 6x9, stlnger capacitor, mtx 895 amp, epicenter audiocontrol,

How do you intend to get a 2ohm load with a 3 ohm svc sub? lol You're better off finding a 2 channel amp and bridge it.In a vented box it'll handle it. (impedence rise)

you could wire it to 1.5ohm and use a 2ohm stable amp. what amp are you using?? If you need a amp djgstr on here has a kaption hc250.2 for 200+shipping it does 1000rms@2ohm. http://www.kaptionaudio.com I bought his other kaption amp and they are really nice. also you might check the used audio classifieds. but you should be able to run a 2ohm stable amp at 1.5ohm.....most of the time

you could wire it to 1.5ohm and use a 2ohm stable amp. what amp are you using?? If you need a amp djgstr on here has a kaption hc250.2 for 200+shipping it does 1000rms@2ohm. http://www.kaptionaudio.com I bought his other kaption amp and they are really nice. also you might check the used audio classifieds. but you should be able to run a 2ohm stable amp at 1.5ohm.....most of the time
He can't wire it to 1.5ohm.It's a SVC 3ohm sub.

If the amp can handle a 2 ohm mono load it can handle anything higher than that as well, it justmigh not make as much power. Since very few speakers are 3 ohm, it is not standard for comapanies to list the 3 ohm power of the amp. The power output will be somewhere between the 4 ohm and 2 ohm power (though closer to the 4 ohm than the 2.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.