? about PKD1 Amp kit and wiring this setup

canemaster
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I just got a Kicker PKD1 0-2 ga Amp kit which will be used for my friends setup:

(2) Orion HPD2 10" subs

(1) Hifonics Brutus 1606D amp

wired to 2 ohms so ~1100 rms to both subs.

Questions:

We plan on using some of the 1/0 AWG for the Big 3 so can we run the 1/0 ga power wire from:

batt + to fuse, fuse to distro block, 1/0 AWG into distro 4 AWG out of just one hole to power the amp?

17039999.jpg

The amp won't fit 1/0 awg so I think I have to do it this way..

But if 4 AWG isn't big enough or the way I wired not good can someone suggest how to do it?

This is my first build/setup and I'll post up in the build log pretty soon.

Thanks!

Just keep your 4ga as short as possible (less than 3 feet).

Wire has resistance. More resistance means less power to your amp. The longer the wire, the more resistance; the bigger the wire, the less resistance. So doing long runs you want a big wire, but for short runs smaller wire will work fine.

They make a little adapter with a set screw that goes on the 0ga and has 4ga sized nub to put into the amp's power block. That way you can just run the 0ga all the way to the amp.

So I just got a Kicker PKD1 0-2 ga Amp kit which will be used for my friends setup:(2) Orion HPD2 10" subs

(1) Hifonics Brutus 1606D amp

wired to 2 ohms so ~1100 rms to both subs.

Questions:

We plan on using some of the 1/0 AWG for the Big 3 so can we run the 1/0 ga power wire from:

batt + to fuse, fuse to distro block, 1/0 AWG into distro 4 AWG out of just one hole to power the amp?

17039999.jpg

The amp won't fit 1/0 awg so I think I have to do it this way..

But if 4 AWG isn't big enough or the way I wired not good can someone suggest how to do it?

This is my first build/setup and I'll post up in the build log pretty soon.

Thanks!
This is fine, except that you need that inline fuse as close to the battery as possible. Other than that, it looks fine.

Also, only the larger Hifonics amps accept a 1/0 input.

brutus-wire-guide.jpg

Thanks guy!

I'll look for that adapter and also should I swap the locations of the distro and fuse?

To make allow the fuse to be closer towards the amp

put the fuse within 18" of the battery upfront, then put another fuse on the 4 ga by the amp close to the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.