Accord stalls after pressing on gas problem

Accords are known to have bad trannies. And this happens every time you are taking off from a stop. Does this happen more when the vehicle is warmed up. Or all the time. Have you taken a peak at the tranny fluid as well.
Also possible for the Mass Air flow sensor to be bad. Check your air filter see how dirty it is.

Note o2 sensor would not do this. A junked O2 would creat missfires. Although you could have enough miss fires to cause a bog down. But Im sure you would know the difference.
it did something similar to today sometimes in the past but nothing like today has ever happened. i was driving the car for about an hour when it started doing this. ill check the transmission fluid.

air filter is good, just replaced it not too long ago.

ok, car was off for a while and just did a test drive down the street. the stall was gone, so im guessing it'll probably happen again when it's warm? it still does the shooting forward problem sometimes but i can deal with that.

ok, car was off for a while and just did a test drive down the street. the stall was gone, so im guessing it'll probably happen again when it's warm? it still does the shooting forward problem sometimes but i can deal with that.
You didnt say what the trans fluid looked like. Was it nice pink color or dark red. What Im thinking here. Not being there and test driving it myself. Is that you have junky fluid in your trans. Over time clutch packs and other parts of the trans break down sending that into the fluid witch will often cause your valve body to clog up after you get the vechile warmed up.

I would suggest if its this. Is to drian your fluid a couple of times and add some additive in there. Like lucas.

i dont know if your vehicle is the same but i had a little problem something like that in my izusu i-280 and my problem was the O2 sensor that had gone bad..not sure if this helps but just giving you a little info
my ford did that. i had a bad o2 sensor and bad thermostat. check those and ur serpentine belt as well. bet its got to do with on eor more of those

You didnt say what the trans fluid looked like. Was it nice pink color or dark red. What Im thinking here. Not being there and test driving it myself. Is that you have junky fluid in your trans. Over time clutch packs and other parts of the trans break down sending that into the fluid witch will often cause your valve body to clog up after you get the vechile warmed up.

I would suggest if its this. Is to drian your fluid a couple of times and add some additive in there. Like lucas.
it was dark red when i checked last night, sorry forgot to post it here.

dont ever put lucas or anythying besides honda atf in one of those fragile accord trannies
i prob wont even mess with it. im gonna drive it today and see if the problem happens again. if it does then im taking it to my mech tomorrow morning.

its your tranny. sounds like you replaced a few things you shouldnt have with that automatic...performance chip for what with a automatic??? i think you speed around and what not and its finally catching up to you. at every light you hit the gas and the car rev's up but doesnt go anywhere for a few seconds. tranny. also it slips going up a hill tranny....honda accords=easy on the trannys or=need new tranny....why would you replace the exhaust and chip it with a automatic?

my car doesn't shut off though.

i didn't install the performance chip and the exhaust, they were given to me n installed by a buddy but that was a while ago. but i was driving it around towns today and it didn't give me the same problem as yesterday anymore. ill still take it to my mechanic sometime this week. ill see what he says.

my car doesn't shut off though.
i didn't install the performance chip and the exhaust, they were given to me n installed by a buddy but that was a while ago. but i was driving it around towns today and it didn't give me the same problem as yesterday anymore. ill still take it to my mechanic sometime this week. ill see what he says.
Like I said. Already. What Im thinking and Im sure your mechanic will look into it as well. And he should check to see if any codes are in there as well. Yes you will set codes and not have the check eninge light come on. It depends on how many drive cycles does the code need to set the light on. He would check the tranny fluid and see that it is dark as you said. And suggest either a drain fill witch your accord is very easy to do. Or a complete Flush of the system.

What I suspect is that your tranny fluid has alot of debris in it and is clogging the vavle body up after the vehicle gets up to temp. Driving short distances might not be enough to get it that hot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.