active sub seems to stay on after ignition switched off,worried it will drain battery

Participant count
  • Participant list
hi i've just installed a vibe cbr12" active sub and i've wired it all in how its supposed to be with the remote cable connected to the remote cable of my headunit (a pioneer avh8500bt) but after i turn my ignition off the power led on the sub stays on until i disconnect the remote cable...im worried this is going to drain my battery as it seems the sub is still on,only thing i can i think of is i swapped the power cables round on the headunit (i think it was the red and yellow wires)because the headunit would reset all the settings after i turned the ignition off and i read that swapping those wires would fix the problem(which it did) but is this causing my active sub to stay on?any help would be much appreciated

Yes the yellow should be hot all the time and the red should be the acc.on. The remote is blue/white and should be the one turning on the amp. Is this hooked up to the stock wiring harness? If so, does the amp and radio turn off when you open the car door? What kind of amp?

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

And yes it will drain the battery.

im pretty sure the wiring harness came with the HU and i know the remotes deffinatly hooked up to the remote on the HU because the cable had a tag on it saying "remote" before i hooked it up,i think maybe if i swap the red and yellows back so its yellow to yellow and red to red (rather than how i got it at the moment,which is hooked up to opposite colours) it maybe fix the problem but then im sure i'll be back with the problem of the HU resetting every time i turn the ignition off,and i dont have an amp its an active sub with one built in,cheers for the reply though!

If you're losing presets, then the wires are crossed. I would leave them the way you have them now. As far as the sub, use a dmm on the remote wire to see if it cuts power when you pull the keys. I asked about the door because most systems will keep running even when you turn the ignition off until you open the door.

ive not noticed it turning off from opening the door no,the hu stays on until ive taken the keys out...as for the sub/amp that just stays on until i take the remote cable out,i'll try and see if anyone i know has a dmm i can use,i thought maybe because i have switched the red and yellows to stop it resetting maybe thats switched what the remote cable was?theres another cable that says antenna on it from the back of the headunit,maybe worth trying to use that as the remote?

I would run a dmm on both the "remote" and "antenna" wires and see which one turns of when you take the keys out, or turn the hu off. With Pioneer i know the right wire is blue/white. Did you run the power (red) to the active sub to the battery?

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

And try taking the keys out.......then opening the door

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.