Advice On This Amplifier?

Hulk311
10+ year member

LA
After doing a lot of research here is what I plan on buying:

Front stage: CDT CL-E61NEO - audio Classic Series 6.5" Slim Mount Component speakershttp://www.woofersetc.com/p-5831-cl-e61neo-cdt-audio-classic-series-65-slim-mount-component-speakers.html

Sub: Image Dynamics 8" ID8 V3 D2 - 2 Ohm Subwoofer ID8V.3-D2 - Image Dynamics ID 8" Subwoofer

Amplifier: Soundstream P4.800 Soundstream P4.800 Picasso Series 800W 4-Channel Amplifier

Soundstream P4.800 Picasso Series 800W 4-Channel Amplifier

The speakers are rated at 150 watt RMS @ 120Hz high pass and the sub is rated at Power Handling 150W RMS/300W MAX and the amplifier does:

4 ohms: 125 watts x 4 chan.

2 ohms: 200 watts x 4 chan.

4 ohm, Bridged: 400 watts x 2 chan.

Since the speakers are 4Ohms the amp will give them 125 watts per channel at 4 ohms. According to the amp specs above, the amp can give the sub either 200 watts at 2 ohms or bridged and provided 400 watts for two channels at 4 ohms? Which version of the ID8 should I purchase? 2 or 4 ohms?

I'm basically confused on how bridging the amp would work as far as how many watts it would provide for channels 3 and 4 and for which Ohm (2 or 4).

The soundstream amps. Get really hot (mini amps ) and tend to blow easy. Don't mount under the seat ! Also the Cdt components are 5 year old or more stock. So if they have any issues. It will be hard to get them replaced without spending more cash. And no Cdt warranty

Yea its fine using a r channel but its more efficient to use a class d plus the 4 ch probably doesnt even so rated, not saying every class d does rated but theres better ways to do it is all im saying

Would the ARC AUDIO FD4150 be a better choice? It's double the price and only puts out:

4 ohms: 80 watts x 4 chan.

2 ohms: 160 watts x 4 chan

If I was to use the SoundStream amplifier the plan would be to run one channel each for the front two way passive components (CDT CL-E61NE) and to bridge channels 3 and 4 into one channel for the sub stage (ID8" D2).

Here is my old SQ system, I sold everything when I sold my truck:

alpine cde-9843 (later changed to a Kenwood Excelon model that had USB input)

hifonics zx 6400 amp

1 IDQ12 D2

CDT Audio CL-61A 6-1/2" Component System speakers

Q logic .85cf sub box

I was 100% happy with that setup. Is the Soundstream P4.800 as good as the Hifonics zx 6400 amp (85w x 4 RMS, 170w x 2 RMS bridged)?

If it's worse than there's no way I will purchase it.

What's your budget for your amplifier? There's amps like the P900.5 that would give you what you need with plenty of headroom for the future. There's other 5 channel amps too so look around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.