Aeropoerts .. Subs back port to the side in a trunk car

Participant count
  • Participant list

hzsogood
5,000+ posts

**The Clean South**
TX/MN
Ive never used aeros, but wanna try a box or 2.. The only way I could do it due to the length the aeros would have to be is lengthwise.. So that would be subs firing back and port(s) to the side..

Ive always heard its best to have subs and port firing in the same direction.. I have a hard time believing that is a reliable standby considering the amount of insanely loud daily drivers that run crx style or ports to the side..

Opinions.?

a guy on here was running two i wanna say NS 12's in a volvo with subs back and ports to the side and i wanna say was doing 150's....he eventualy broke his sunroof glass from the flex.

Maybe someone here can correct me.

a guy on here was running two i wanna say NS 12's in a volvo with subs back and ports to the side and i wanna say was doing 150's....he eventualy broke his sunroof glass from the flex.
Maybe someone here can correct me.
Ive just never used them, but alot of ppl claim they are better, so I thought Id give them a shot..

Also , to anyone who knows, where is a place to get some nice Aeros

parts express has em so does elemental designs, but remember that the flare on a 4 inch port makes it about 6 inches
yea , Ill have about 16" depth, and the subs are only 8 deep or so, so I "should" be good

How to you router out a notch for the flare? What Im asking is could i router out an 1/8 inch or so out of the mdf to flush the Outer flare into the box.. Thats make sense?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.