Air flow theory, w/badass paint drawing.

NoCoSPL
10+ year member

A Daily Loud Trunk
So the car, lets say its an SUV, doesn't look like one but you get the point. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Port facing up and tight against the rear hatch, speakers firing forward. Looking at the air flow it has a push/pull effect on every cycle. This of course is just on a single cycle on the sub being pushed in, change arrows for the sub being pushed out. . . I need to be proven wrong is the thing, i think that this would be louder due to the circular affect of the air moving along the curvature of the vehicle, right? Im sure there are some out there that could explain to me why or why not this would be better than a different setup. I am already preplanning for my next vehicle and im thinking of a VW Gti rabbit or an suv of some sort.

I kinda view a sub back, port back as a circular motion from air being pushed from the speaker front and being ****** into the port right next to it, lost sound? Idk, I need to be told whats up, wrong or right, i wants to learn more about some air flow!!!

1jreaw.jpg

That drawing is badass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
X a bazillion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

The theory of your pic would be nice, but isnt usually the case. Once it hits the roof, the wave will bounce in whatever direction.

It will hit the roof, and may come back at the box, or hit the roof and disperse 360 degrees.

If you have minimal flex, then the wave will travel easier.

CRX's are great for this reason, alot of rear window to bounce off of and shoot the wave forward.

Main thing is to eliminate flex- and play w port placement.

Most SUV's like sub up port back

The theory of your pic would be nice, but isnt usually the case. Once it hits the roof, the wave will bounce in whatever direction.
It will hit the roof, and may come back at the box, or hit the roof and disperse 360 degrees.

If you have minimal flex, then the wave will travel easier.

CRX's are great for this reason, alot of rear window to bounce off of and shoot the wave forward.

Main thing is to eliminate flex- and play w port placement.

Most SUV's like sub up port back
I see i see, flex i can see could ripple the sound wave distorting it sending it in wrong directions. Would this theory generally work well if the vehicle is very well rounded?

I see i see, flex i can see could ripple the sound wave distorting it sending it in wrong directions. Would this theory generally work well if the vehicle is very well rounded?
The contour of the vehicle will help the wave travel, as long as it doesnt flex

thats why you see extreme vehicles use concrete in their walls, floors, doors etc- but they also use walls..

its all about bouncing that wave off something that wont move- hence why rear walls are usually so thick.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.