Alarm for Xmas

dvrmstrng
5,000+ posts

DE
I can't think of anything to ask for this christmas really so i figuered maybe it was time for an alarm/remote start

Car is a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, there i no alarm on it...that i know of...it honks when you lock it but theres nothing in the manual about an alarm...

install will be by azbass after i beg him to do it and give him free beer now that im 21...maybe pay him...

im going to hopefully add a bunch of extra piezos to make it annoyingly loud if someone decides to mess with it...

my question is what should i look at?

the only other alarm ive owned is the Viper 791x and it was pretty good, decent range, nice features, i broke a few of the pagers though and they were like $100 to replace. Id love to stick with the 2 way pager alarm.

Cost id like to keep it ballpark $300, this includes ebay, amazon whatever....

just wondering if you guys had any suggestions?

i was reading about the Compustar Pro line of alarms, other than rediculous range (i park within a couple hundred feet of my apartment most of the time) what makes that compustar so much more expensive?

thanks for any suggestions

I can't think of anything to ask for this christmas really so i figuered maybe it was time for an alarm/remote start
Car is a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, there i no alarm on it...that i know of...it honks when you lock it but theres nothing in the manual about an alarm...

install will be by azbass after i beg him to do it and give him free beer now that im 21...maybe pay him...

im going to hopefully add a bunch of extra piezos to make it annoyingly loud if someone decides to mess with it...

my question is what should i look at?

the only other alarm ive owned is the Viper 791x and it was pretty good, decent range, nice features, i broke a few of the pagers though and they were like $100 to replace. Id love to stick with the 2 way pager alarm.

Cost id like to keep it ballpark $300, this includes ebay, amazon whatever....

just wondering if you guys had any suggestions?

i was reading about the Compustar Pro line of alarms, other than rediculous range (i park within a couple hundred feet of my apartment most of the time) what makes that compustar so much more expensive?

thanks for any suggestions
lol ah crap what

cmon mikeyy......i cant think of **** to ask for this xmas....alarm is all i can think of since i dont have one and where i go 2 school is quite gheeeetooooo....

plus no one will buy my rainbows so i cant go active yet

The motion sensor I usually use in suvs as they provide protection for the interior of the vehicle. If I do a motion sensor u can turn the shock sensor down pretty low or take out all together to help eliminate falsing.

The back-up battery is in case someone cuts the battery wire, the alarm will still sound.

azb you serious?

well then scratch that unless someone in NJ can do it for cheap...that old alarm i paid like $600 to get the alarm and install....

is the backup battery a full 12v battery? or a batt just large enough to power the alarm

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=38250&brandtype=0
This is a good piece that I have had good luck with. Spend the additional money on backup battery and motion sensor if you want. You will also need a by-pass module. Im sure AZ can clear up any other questions regarding that.

wow, that is the cheapest ive ever seen the 5900.. considering cost on that unit is about $196.00.. holy **** im about to pick up a few and resell them to a couple customers.. ****.. But definitely go with that unit, ive had it for over a year, no problems.. i installed it myself (installer for 3+ years) but in a 2006 can be a pain to add a remote start to.. Well, real easy if you use the right bypass.. you can use the IOM-chrysler7 or the one on bypasskits.com or kit, i dont remember. Either way, if you get that put in for free/beer, your getting yourself a deal.. haha

edit: what part of jersey you from? i live about 20 minutes from morristown (morris county) and if you buy the alarm/rs & bypass ill put it in for $200.. only if you buy something good though.. not a cheap POS haha, i hate workin with that crap..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.