all you brake experts out there?

It can improve stopping distance. But buying anything safety related for your vehicle off of ebay is just a bad idea. Thats my .02 cents. And 139.00 just sounds to cheap in price for good quality items.

It can improve stopping distance. But buying anything safety related for your vehicle off of ebay is just a bad idea. Thats my .02 cents. And 139.00 just sounds to cheap in price for good quality items.
that is what i was wondering. thanks

just a side note the reason i was asking about these is they are around the same price as some from the local places around here. example autotzone.

just a side note the reason i was asking about these is they are around the same price as some from the local places around here. example autotzone.
Same thing. You just have to watch out what you buy. A shop I worked at and well the dealership Im at now, We buy things from Napa. Now Napa has different rotors some are very cheap and some are very expensive. The cheap ones are hit and miss some times. At times we had no problems with them. Other times they would be crap right out of the box. Take the car on a test drive and you would think you never did brakes before. Even more with their line a brake drums. Uggg those things where just horrible.

So just watch out what you buy. Read up on the material that they are made of. My other advice on brake pads. Dont buy ones that say dust free.

my silverado has over 100K miles on my set of Slotted rotors and pads kid I bought from stainless steel brakes

which cost around 600 bucks for the whole kit.......Ebay **** is junk

Slotted and/or drilled rotors are no good. they have less surface area and can actually cause your breaking distance to increase, not to mention that is severely weakens the rotor. Unless its a full on race car running at top speeds and braking constantly then they are a bad idea.

Ceramic pads can also increase stopping distance, they are more for durability and less dusting. good for if you have some nice rims to keep them cleaner longer.

The best/quickest stopping pads are the ones that will usually produce the most dust.

Solid "premium" milled rotors will give you the quickest, smoothest, stopping power. They are milled with closer tolerances then a non-premium rotor. Less prone to warping and last longer due to different premium metallurgy.

Im a big fan of raybestos premium rotors and wagner thermoquiet pads on trucks. they have been my favorite setup i've found, lots of mechanics will recommend them too.

Look into EBC for your pads/rotors.......they are some of the best in the business. Remember with brake pads you have 2 options.

1. Wear forever, but stop like crap.

2. Wear faster, but stop on a dime.

Your safety of you and your family depends on how much of a cheap azz you are.

Slotted and/or drilled rotors are no good. they have less surface area and can actually cause your breaking distance to increase, not to mention that is severely weakens the rotor. Unless its a full on race car running at top speeds and braking constantly then they are a bad idea.
Ceramic pads can also increase stopping distance, they are more for durability and less dusting. good for if you have some nice rims to keep them cleaner longer.

The best/quickest stopping pads are the ones that will usually produce the most dust.

Solid "premium" milled rotors will give you the quickest, smoothest, stopping power. They are milled with closer tolerances then a non-premium rotor. Less prone to warping and last longer due to different premium metallurgy.

Im a big fan of raybestos premium rotors and wagner thermoquiet pads on trucks. they have been my favorite setup i've found, lots of mechanics will recommend them too.
This. To add though, most race cars even use use blank rotors. Sometmes they use slotted, never use drilled. Personally I have been running drilled and slotted for a while and never had issues because they're quality. Buy from a good brand and the chances of them cracking are slim. However, I use them for looks, rather than performance. If I wanted performance, I'd get blanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

05fronty

5,000+ posts
SALT PETER
05fronty
conway,ar
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date