Alpine Issues-Can anyone help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BoostedOne

I'm about to pull the last of my hair out...

I've been running Alpines for about 10 years now, no complaints. Got a CDA-105 as a gift for my beater a few years ago... Wired it up to an amp, everything was fine.. Got rid of the car in November, installed it in my beater truck about a month and a half ago.. The truck(1999 Dodge Diesel) had a factory stereo in it, worked fine except that the CD player in it was dead.. Figured what the hell, got the Alpine, I will just throw it in.

So I got a conversion harness, wired it up... Sounds fine playing the radio.. Go to put in a CD.. No audio. Run off a USB drive.. No audio.. Bring the source back to radio, a relay clicks on, and the sound comes back.. I went in and made sure the Power IC setting is set to on, and it is.. And an F icon lights up when the radio is on... Figured I had some of the settings just jacked up...

I been meaning to do something about it, never did.. But just made a 1000 mile drive yesterday and today with nothing but FM radio... I got kind of spoiled having blue tooth streaming in my new car, so I decide ok, I want the blue tooth in the truck, and decide to see if Alpine has any heads that have blue tooth streaming that arent too expensive...

I walked out with a CDE-HD137BT. Figure how easy is this.. Pop the old one out, plug the new one in, and I'm in business with a new headunit..

SAME FREAKIN THING... Radio powers up, sounds fine. Pair my phone, Rhapsody starts playing, no sound.. Put a CD in.. No sound. Go back to radio, click and the tuner starts playing...

WHAT THE HELL DO I GOTTA DO? Other than go back to Kenwood... I dont want to wire this truck for amps.. Its got so much background noise that anything sounds like crap, and theres no room in it for a decent sub anyhow.. I just want to listen to something other than the radio..

THANKS

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.