Alpine MRP-M650 problems!

Participant count
  • Participant list

WashYourWinky
10+ year member

The Pilot
I just picked this m650 up off Craigslist, worked fine when I tested it. An hour later I jump in the car and no output from it. The amp turns on, no protection light. After about 15 minutes it starts working. Works fine until I turn the car off, then I have to wait 5-15 minutes for it to start working again. I discovered that if I turn the head unit volume up about half way that speeds up the process, the amp turns on after about a minute.

I've checked my ground and power wires and the remote wire. Checked fuses and distribution block. Tried a new head unit. Tried running just the m650. Tried running a 4ohm load instead of 2ohm. Opened the amp up and looked for burn marks, damage, leaking caps, everything looked OK. Nothing I've tried has worked.

Thought I would ask the forum for advice before I start looking for another amp. So is the amp toast?

The only way to really know is to pull the amp and get it benched tested.You can do it yourself, or take it to a car audio shop and have it tested for 20-30 bucks.Some places will charge you nothing at all if they have the time.This will let you know if there is an issue with the amp itself or if you have an issue with your wiring within the vehicle somewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.