Alpine mrv-m500

Participant count
  • Participant list

KoloradoB

Question will a Alpine mrv-m500 be under powered to run a single Alpine type R 12" at 2ohms 500rms I know of that sub can handle way more power but I bought the amp on eBay Friday and was planning on getting a single p3 but everyone said Alpine type r is way better

well, the amp has 2x30amp fuses, and if you follow this calculation P (Power in Watts) = V (voltage) x I (current in Amps), at 13.5 volts (just a figure that seems fairly realistic in an average car electrical system) is 810 max. 500 watts to a type r 12 should definitely do the trick, but one of the worst tings you can do to a sub (short of hitting it with a hammer) is underpowering it.

http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-volt-amp-calculator.htm

thats where i got my calculations from

Question will a Alpine mrv-m500 be under powered to run a single Alpine type R 12" at 2ohms 500rms I know of that sub can handle way more power but I bought the amp on eBay Friday and was planning on getting a single p3 but everyone said Alpine type r is way better
RMS on this sub is 300 watts, probably could take more. Is the sub d2 or d4? If you have a d4, then you are good and d2, IMO, you will be under-powering the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.