Alpine: Secret Functions?

Slaugh
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Moron
messing around with my 9815 i accidentally found some hidden commands that aren't on the manual and i have no idea what they do or what they are meant for...

the commands are accessed by holding Power/Source and imediately pressing another key of the head-unit... this is what i get

-Play/Pause - FAN/ON/OFF (shuts on/off the fan??)

-Band/Tel - RESETS EPROM (beware.. i lost all my configs doing that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif )

-Mute - MULTI 6B (?)

-F Setup - CENTER 15 (?)

-1 - Volume 25 (volume cranks up to 25 in a second.. scared the **** out of me :p)

-2 - 0 MUTE OFF (?)

-3 - ROLLOFF 9.4 (?)

-4 - screen fills with white and blue titles...

-5 - EF39 (?)

13 FEB. 14:15

-Tilt - BLEND 63.3 (?)

-Eject - -3LMT 17.FB (?)

does anyone know what any of these functions mean or what they do??? please post here if you do...

and PLEASE i want EVERYONE with Alpine headunits do try these with your own head-unit and post here the results...

by the way, my MP3s now skip MUCH faster than before... it was very lagged before and now it takes exactly one second or two at maximum... i think resetting EPROM cut all the crap off my head unit...

I accidently hit the left/right arrows when I was adjusting my subwoofer....it looked like when you do that, you invert the signal wave going to the woofer.....can that be confirmed? I don't remember what it said exactly

the 0 mute feature sets the mute to completely take the volume to 0 instead of soft muting... the eprom is basically formatting the chipset deleting all the PEQ and x0ver settings you set... the 4th button is a Dot matrix check... to check if any pixels are messed up, these features are mostly used only by alpine... not really for true consumer use... only alpine techs

pretty cool though:)

the 0 mute feature sets the mute to completely take the volume to 0 instead of soft muting... the eprom is basically formatting the chipset deleting all the PEQ and x0ver settings you set... the 4th button is a Dot matrix check... to check if any pixels are messed up, these features are mostly used only by alpine... not really for true consumer use... only alpine techspretty cool though:)
yeah but dude, how do i enable or disable these options? all it happens when i click on them is the message i get... i can't change them, do you know how to do it? because i want to enable this 0 bit mute heheh...

any idea?

yeah but dude, how do i enable or disable these options? all it happens when i click on them is the message i get... i can't change them, do you know how to do it? because i want to enable this 0 bit mute heheh...
any idea?
unfortunately I don't know how to enable them... I just know they are there for diagnostics.. sorry dude :p

why arent people posting their results???

test on your head unit and post here, everyone, come on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i wish my 7995 did that. or does it?
that's why i started this thread mang...

TRY IT... and post the results here eheh

go there in your car now and test... im waiting for the results //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ok i just got to work and on the way here i tried two of them in the car and it worked. but not the same. i held power and pressed 1 and my volume shot up to 25 and was hella louder than usual at 25 and it scared me too. so i turn it down and try power and 2. the same thing happened. both times no text was displayed just "VOLUME 25". i thought 2 was gonna give me a different result since i did read that above in your original post but instead it scared the crap outta me too. i checced my settings and apparently it set my bass to +7 and 80 hz center frequency and my treble to +7 10khz. weird. no wonder it was A LOT friggin louder at 25. im gonna go see what other buttons do.

ok i just got to work and on the way here i tried two of them in the car and it worked. but not the same. i held power and pressed 1 and my volume shot up to 25 and was hella louder than usual at 25 and it scared me too. so i turn it down and try power and 2. the same thing happened. both times no text was displayed just "VOLUME 25". i thought 2 was gonna give me a different result since i did read that above in your original post but instead it scared the crap outta me too. i checced my settings and apparently it set my bass to +7 and 80 hz center frequency and my treble to +7 10khz. weird. no wonder it was A LOT friggin louder at 25. im gonna go see what other buttons do.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif scared twice by the volume 25

heheh try with all the buttons and post here the results please... im curious too... and maybe you will find some cool settings there heh... well who knows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

oh and btw... to not get scared again i recommend you testing it with the unit paused on cd-rom, so no sound is reproduced thus making volume 25 not scary at all :p

My 7995 has a function that gives me access to Nuclear Missile Guidance Systems....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.