Alpine SPR-17LS vs. Infinity REF6010CS

ninjfour

Hey, new guy here. Fairly new to the car audio stuff, but I know some basics. Wanted to replace my crappy stock speakers earlier, so I kinda skimped out and put in some pretty crappy..but better than stock ones, and yeah, now I regret it. I work at Best Buy, so I was looking at the speakers there, and the two highest end speakers that they carry are the Alpine SPR-17LS's and the Infinity REF6010CS's.

So which ones you guys would say are better? I know they aren't the best things in the world (heck it's from best buy..) but with my employee discount, I can't really complain I'm looking for more of a bassy sound, and my friend suggested the Alpines for that. What you guys think?

If you work at Best Buy, you should be able to special order some better speakers then those. I would try and get your hands on some Alpine Type-X's. Otherwise though I would say go with the SPR's, they are a better speaker then the Reference 6010CS's (which are comparable to the Alpine SPS line).

I have had both....... Go with the Type R's if you dont have any other options. Hands down, no question about it.

I had both sets on the same amp... Infinity's are blown. Type R's took the amp fine for over a year and I bought them used from a member on the board. Type R's got way louder, played harder, better mid bass.

I absolutly hate the Infinity References. They wont get loud at all. I got them just to get by because I was low on funds after I bought my Titan with the down payment, but wanted better than stock.

The Infinity REF6010CS are alittle to bright for my likings.
Too bright? I couldnt get them to shine. About as dim as a solar eclipse //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.