Alpine V-Drive Head Units

Participant count
  • Participant list

stocker08
10+ year member

Drunk
Minnesota
I was looking to get an Alpine V-Drive Head Unit like the CDA-9813 or 9815, but it says these require a direct fused connection to the cars battery. Is it neccessary??

I would really like to put 27wrms to my front speakers since they only take 30wrms.

My rear speakers are run by an amp so the head unit would only be powering the front speakers. Would this affect how much power the head unit would require?

Thanks!

I was looking to get an Alpine V-Drive Head Unit like the CDA-9813 or 9815, but it says these require a direct fused connection to the cars battery. Is it neccessary??
My rear speakers are run by an amp so the head unit would only be powering the front speakers. Would this affect how much power the head unit would require?

Thanks!
If you are going to run the front speakers off the HU`s amp then yes you will need a 10 ga. power wire that connects to the battery,if you turn off the power amp on the HU then you will only need to hook up the hu as any other minus the 10 ga wire, I have a 9815 model and I turned my built-in power amp off and run my hu as a preamp tuner and I have it hooked up as a regular hu. hope this helps you.

Why are your rear speakers on an amp and not the fronts? no offence but it's kind of backwards to me, I would put the amp on the front speakers and run the rears off the head unit. With it the way you have it you risk the music sounding like its coming from behind you.

yes, i know. I would like to do it the other way around, but i REALLY dont want to run speaker wire to them. With one of these decks, i wouldn't have to run the speakers off an amp.

why not, instead of trying to run the speaker wire through the door jams,run the amp wire up to the factory harness that way if you need to take the amp out all you got to do is rewire the deck to the speakers,

oh and yes, do run 10ga to the V-drive HU, unless you havve a vehicle with a thick wire harness power wire (some german cars, before canbus single plug Chryslers)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.