alright slimlines... RE, SI, MBQ or Memphis?

stonedge
10+ year member

bc
RE SL

SI BM MKIII

MB Quart RSH

Memphis S Class

A bit of time at work today and it looks like these are some I would be interested on. Any info or reviews on these puppies? Having a tough time as search engines don't like abbreviations.

Personally, I have played with, meaning installed and listened to in my personal car, the following:

Pioneer

Rockford P3S

Memphis S-Class

The Pioneers was several years ago, and I know they have changed a few things on the design since I heard them. Having said that, I was not overly impressed back then.

In a relatively small sealed box with 500 watts, the Memphis was a fairly musical sub. Sounded very nice. It did well with overall output, but I personally feel its strength was musicality.

The Rockford, in the same car and off the same amp as above, also sounded good, but seemed to have a bit more impact compared to the Memphis.

With the install noted above, I was more interested in output, so I ended up with the Rockford P3S.

I heard the memphis vs. the JL slim and thought the memphis was just as good at half the price. Just based on the reviews the Stereo Integrity BM sounds serious. The install shop that I went to said both the JL and the Memphis sound much better in larger than recommended boxes. I dont know how much space is playing into that, but I am hearing that for a few other slims as well. I personally like sealed boxes and the Stereo Integrity BM is a sealed only box, but I know alot of people want to go ported, which may factor also.

Well the BMkIII is on back order? So I am thinking of leaning towards the memphis for a change. I've only ever seen one bad review about them blowing up easily...perhaps some issue with that persons system design. I have a max of 2 feet to play with at 5 1/4" total depth. I may just go a prefab box designed for the tundra, not sure yet.

Thanks for the replies, any other thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stonedge

10+ year member
stonedge
bc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from