alternator noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

JuicyJeff
10+ year member

Juicy
Well just recently ive been getting alternator noise. But its weird. its not all the time. When its cold out like it is at night here sometimes it comes, but during the day if its a good temp i have no trouble. What are the things i can do to troubleshoot. I'm almost 100 percent sure its not my ground, its grounded to the floor of the trunk and bolted under the car, Its super tight. It may have a little bit of paint under it but for the most part i took a razor and got it off. What are the ways i could troubleshoot this?

x2. and if you have a pioneer headunit may want to try grounding your rcas to the back of the deck. i had badd alt whine and this stopped it

Back in the day, I didn't know the RCA's weren't supposed to be run near any speaker wire. Guess it just depends on the quality of your RCA's.

It seems if it still happened when you disconnected the RCA's, it'd be something with the amp then.

Let us know what you figured out.

ill try unplugging the rca's tommorow. It's been doing it more now but i just turn it up and it goes away. Ill try swapping rca's and stuff and see what i come up with, ill let you know tommorow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.