am i gonna need any electrical work?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don't know, everyone always says like around 1000 watts you need another battery. But in my car i have stock electrical just big 3 and i'm runnin an AQ HDC3 off of an VFL150.1 (2000watts @1 ohm) and a mtx 4 channel (75x4) and my voltage only drops to high 12's, low 13's when i crank it.

I don't know, everyone always says like around 1000 watts you need another battery. But in my car i have stock electrical just big 3 and i'm runnin an AQ HDC3 off of an VFL150.1 (2000watts @1 ohm) and a mtx 4 channel (75x4) and my voltage only drops to high 12's, low 13's when i crank it.
dang and thats double what ill be running

Yeah. Start with the Big 3, then go from there. If you still have problems after that, it's time for a battery. Still have problems, alternator time.
Someone told me to go with an alternator before battery because adding an extra battery will just strain the alt even more. Is that true?

Someone told me to go with an alternator before battery because adding an extra battery will just strain the alt even more. Is that true?
the point of doing the alt first is to be able to sustain 14v(motor running voltage)....the batteries will help only when you drop to ~12

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.