American bass vfl 4480 amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Oaman5

Review of Amplifier:

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted! hey guys my name is oren I'm planning on getting in some comps close to where I live currently I have course the vfl 4480 amp, 2 soundqubed hds312s 2 ohm subs, all sky high car audio 0 gauge ofc wire, the big three regular battery up front and stinger spv70, and a 130 amp alternator also subs are in a 4.5 inch cubic feet box tuned to 30 hz. Now remember what I said 2 2 ohm subs yes this amp can run .5 ohms just fine gets alittle hot but not real bad have had it to cut off due to heat but I'm sure it can be cooled down if I tried. This amp is amazing very simple,small and gets very loud. It pushes these subs to the max and I mean they get smelly in 10 mins of playing but maybe that's bc I'm pushing to much power to them but I think they can handle it. Anyways the amp is a beast I had it running at 2 ohm before I get the other sub and it Def pushed atleast 1100 watts. I honestly think this amp is putting atleast 2500 to 2600 watts out which is crazy for the price of this amp I paid 220 for the amp and 2 reducers for the 0 gauge wire yes you have to have reducers to use the big wire but still who cares im getting everything I need and also the amp is still cheaper than most amp new price being under 300 dollars. This amp has a wired fuse rating my battery keeps up but I still get a little voltage drop mostly in the 13s but that's with only 1 extra battery and the big three sometimes will go to 12 volts. I have a video on YouTube of this amp I posted this thread because alot of people think this amp is trash I don't care what anyone says this amp is not trash you can see that it rhe video its pushing those subs like no other I don't know the decibels I'm hitting it's got to be over 145 I think idk for sure what do you guys think I'm hitting? But check out the awesome video I posted the link is

please don't post replys saying this amp is trash and what not you can see what's it doing yourself. Thanks for checking out my thread and thanks to mylows10 for the awesome amp and wire and the guy I bought the subs from.

If you dont actually do any oscop'd clamp tests tests, you cant make any claims on RMS other than it just pushes your subs well.

Good that you got your ground situation fix though.

You'll get more output if you control that roof flex btw. There's a good bit more for you to gain by doing so.

If you dont actually do any oscop'd clamp tests tests, you cant make any claims on RMS other than it just pushes your subs well.
Good that you got your ground situation fix though.

You'll get more output if you control that roof flex btw. There's a good bit more for you to gain by doing so.
i agree 100%..

just watched video.

not bad.

i need to post a video of mine. my truck looks like its going to explode with 1 sq hdc3 5" . on a ppi 7000. running 1 ohm.

Thanks guys yeah I don't think it's bad for 2 12s never had a system like that but yeah what do you recommend for the flex? And dude that's a lot of power for 1 15 lol

deaden the whole truck, mines very similar to your set up in cone area and power (although i clamped 2kw rms clean on a scope/clip light).

all 4 doors and the roof need about 50sq ft of deadner

[quote name='Oaman5']Thanks guys yeah I don't think it's bad for 2 12s never had a system like that but yeah what do you recommend for the flex? And dude that's a lot of power for 1 15 lol[/QUOTE]

Deadener for the rear wall, doors and roof. Stinger expert roadkill is good for the money and would work for the current setup, might require more if you go bigger. If you want to do just 1 layer and be done with it you can go with second skin or sky high 120 mill deadener or even ampere vibraflex. @mylows10 can get you some of those higher tier deadeners if you plan on going any bigger with the bass in the future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Oaman5

Oaman5
Clinton, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date