Amp advice...Autotek?

The Grabulator

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to car audio. I'm interested in upgrading the audio in my car and am at a loss for what type of amp to get. I'm going for high sound quality and not so much ridiculous amounts of bass. I am also not looking to compete or anything crazy, but I would like high quality components. So far I'm planning on replacing all the speakers inside the car with MB Quart. I was thinking about a single sub in the trunk which will be a JL W3 12" in a sealed enclosure. Which brings me to the amp. My friend recommended an Autotek amp. I have never heard of this brand before and I'm not sure if it's what I need. So does anyone have recommendations for a high quality 6ish channel amp that would be good for superb sound quality?

Cliffs:

Replacing audio in my car

MB quart for separates inside car

JL 12" W3 sub in trunk

Need amp, friend recommended Autotek

Want a high quality amp..recommendations?

Thanks!

Sundown or US merlin series.. you'll pay less for the Sundowns but they are superior if you ask me.... i dont like autotek at all, ive owned them and they have all sounded like crap and have been waaaay over rated....

HTH

Sundown or US merlin series.. you'll pay less for the Sundowns but they are superior if you ask me.... i dont like autotek at all, ive owned them and they have all sounded like crap and have been waaaay over rated....
HTH
i've yet to see a 6 channel merlin or sundown.

JBL makes the 6 channel GTO755.6

McIntosh makes the very high end MCC406M

Autotek makes the very nice 7 channel SX-777

PHOENIX GOLD XS6600

There are a few 6 channel Marine amps out there...JL Audio makes one, MB Quart makes one.

Sundown or US merlin series.. you'll pay less for the Sundowns but they are superior if you ask me.... i dont like autotek at all, ive owned them and they have all sounded like crap and have been waaaay over rated....HTH

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Name any "lower" line of ANY amp maker that doesnt ****?

And actually a buddy of mine is running a SS 750.1 that is wrecking his kicker sub, 750 watt amp with 4 30A fuses!! You do the math on that one... lol

Autotek historically has been one the premier amplifier companies out there. THeir amps use to be among the absolute best. I can personally atest to that.

However, I cannot atest to their new product lines. THey have been bought out by Maxxsonics. But so has MB Quart. I have never played with the new Teks because my older ones have never, ever been out of commission. 12 years and there are still ripping my cars apart. If they do die, I would certainly buy a new one.

But im not sure if they are still up to par with the Tek's of old. EVERY amplifier company has lowered their production value to stay competitve with the "cheap" companies out their. However, Maxxsonics is marketing Autotek as their premier amplifier line. So i suspect they would make sure to release very good amplifiers, so that their "status" is not stained. I have never heard anyone other than the above poster, say anything bad about Autotek products. Even their low line stuff. However, I would suggest sticking with the "Mean Machine" line of product. I believe you will be very happy with that choice.

Peace.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.