Amp for two Alpine Type R 15's?

BeetleBuster
10+ year member

Pits
I am looking for an amp for two Alpine Type R 15's. The sub's are rated at 750 RMS. I would like to run them at 1 ohm.

How would this amp do?

Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D 1-Channel Monoblock Super Class D Amplifier

It is rated at ---

4 ohms: 600 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohm: 1700 watts x 1 chan.

CEA-2006 Rated

I'm trying to learn.

Help would be appreciated.

Later,

Rob

Not the best. 100 amp alt. Factory wire is something like 6 gauge so I am going to do the big 3. That amp will put 850 into each sub, right? I'm still trying to understand this completely lol

Definately do big 3. Try and at least do a battery upgrade as well. And yes, each sub will see 850. Although you wont be able to hold 14.4v on your electrical with that amp, and those amps are known to quickly diminsh power below 14.4v. But to your question, yes, 1ohm power will be split between the subs.

My alternator is going out I'm pretty sure so I may as well get a high output aftermarket one. I was getting my cars mixed up, I actually only have 80 amps. Scary. The aftermarket alt has 140 amps.

Thanks for the reply, man.

Rob

heh, 80 amps stock like my lexus. you'll be fine with that amp. i have one myself, but i think it only does ~1500w or watever from what i've seen people say. should be good enough to get those r's moving

cali sf.Whats pits? (treadstarter?)

good amp yet without upgrades id have to say your wasting your time trying @1 ohm. Anyone object feel free to correct me. Also what ohms are the type Rs ? not sure of the voice coils they come in d4/d2?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.