amp has power but sub dont play?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sq_joshua

I was playing music not even loud then all of a sudden my bass cut off i checked my amp and it still had power and my fuses are not blown but if i play music you could feel the sub playing but doesnt play normal as it should u could just feel it playing even tho i put the gain up and i took my sub out of the box and looks fine. What can it be.?

In addition to checking the coils with a multimeter, check the ground for the amp. It should be bolted snuggly to unpainted metal. Also check the RCA connections to make sure they're good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Check your remote line or RCA, some decks have written remote 2 times different wires one solid blue one blue and white, some do the misstake...
It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...
NVX MVPA1 Best tiny amp Installed a bunch, but have one pushing a sealed 12 @ 2ohm in my daily beater Can bump it all day long and barely gets...
Amp
This tested well on youtube - not familiar with the brand but it is a pretty standard china build house amplifier...

About this thread

sq_joshua

sq_joshua
los angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
sq_joshua