Amp ohms help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Susanoo

Im looking to buy a Autotek Mean Machine M2500.1D to power 2 12" Kickers in parallel at 2 ohms. The amp specs said that it run 2 ohms I just wanna know if someone have use this amp in 2 0hms to power 2 ohms sub and if its any good ? Thanks in advance.

This is my first post bytheway.

If you wire both subs in parallel you'll present the amp a 2 ohm load. You should be fine with them, there are just much better options than Kickers.
Can you tell me some ? Im new to car audio system I will like to know what brands are good, and thanks.

My friend tell me that if a amp was cheap the ohms will not be precise so if it say 2 ohms it could be 2.x(2.somthing) and if a connect a 2 ohms sub to a 2.x amp it just shut off after a couple of minutes. is that true ?

[quote name='Susanoo']Can you tell me some ? Im new to car audio system I will like to know what brands are good, and thanks.

My friend tell me that if a amp was cheap the ohms will not be precise so if it say 2 ohms it could be 2.x(2.somthing) and if a connect a 2 ohms sub to a 2.x amp it just shut off after a couple of minutes. is that true ?[/QUOTE]

Well, for the same price as those 2 kickers you can get a single American Bass XFL 12", the dual 2 ohm version can be wired to 1 ohm and will be loud as all hell on 1250W. @mylows10 ; is an AB dealer. One XFL 12 in a custom box will stomp on those kickers all day.

About the amp shutting down- Your friend is wrong.

If you haven't bought the subs and amp yet don't complete junk. Very very low end equipment. Send me a pm with goals budget and what car and ill see what I can do

Well the downside is that I live in Puerto Rico so shipping to here its a little expensive I will definitely check that brand.

Sorry for keep asking the same thing but what happend if the ohms from the amp is lower tan the ohms from the subs?

Don't let the haters bother you Susanoo.

It $uck$ (we can't say $uck$ in here??? jesus fugging christ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif) when people come on here imposing their personal preferences on people as though it's fact which just causes unnecessary confusion for people that are already confused...

There is NOTHING wrong with kicker subs. For every hater there's 10 people that love them.

I'm no big fan, but those are w/o question decent quality subs. Are there better options for the price? Maybe. Are there worse options? Definitely.

Autotek is under the Maxxsonics umbrella along with Hifonics, Crunch and MBquart.

Hifonics is one of the brands just about anybody with a touch of common sense can recognize works well for people on a budget and A'teks are basically the same amps in different shells.

The 2500.1 is about a perfect match for a pair of SVC 4 ohm CompS 12's.

That particular amp is recognized as having inflated power ratings. Having an 80A fuse means it's probably closer to 800w rms at 1 ohm than the claimed 1250.

So runnig at 2 ohms will likely give you around 600w rms -- the ideal amt of power for your subs.

Regarding this:

"My friend tell me that if a amp was cheap the ohms will not be precise so if it say 2 ohms it could be 2.x(2.somthing) and if a connect a 2 ohms sub to a 2.x amp it just shut off after a couple of minutes. is that true ?"
No. Not sure what your friend is thinking. That's just confusing babble you should ignore.

Power ratings on lower priced amps are often, almost always, skewed/inflated.

Impedance (ohms) actually vary pretty drastically as a subwoofer operates. So what happens at 1.1 vs 1 or 2.2 vs 2 is a non-issue. As long as you understand the power is simply lower than what is claimed at any given impedance you can easily adjust your expectations of a lower quality amp to make sure you're getting the power you want to get.

And in this case, with your subs wired parallel for 2 ohms (http://m.seimg.net/product/img/subwoofer_wiring/2_subs_SVC_4_ohm_mono.jpg) those subs should get about exactly what they need.

I apriciate your help alot. The 2500.1D should output 960watts max with that fuse (12v*80A=960watts) I think its more than enough for my first audio system, later in the future a will upgrade to 2 DVC subs but thats for the future, I will be using a second Autotek amp for the mid and high speakers it give 600watts but thats enough for my speaker. Thanks again for your help @n2audio

Well the downside is that I live in Puerto Rico so shipping to here its a little expensive I will definitely check that brand.
Sorry for keep asking the same thing but what happend if the ohms from the amp is lower tan the ohms from the subs?
lol, i ship to puerto rico all the time shipping isn't too much you are still part of the US so its not international shipping!!! lol

I apriciate your help alot. The 2500.1D should output 960watts max with that fuse (12v*80A=960watts) I think its more than enough for my first audio system,
It's really not that cut and dried, fuses are a long way from being absolute, but it is a clear indicator that 1kw+ isn't likely.

lol, i ship to puerto rico all the time shipping isn't too much you are still part of the US so its not international shipping!!! lol
I know but when I compare buying online and buying in a local store sometime theres no diference, *somtimes*.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.