• Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
A

adam182002

hello,

I see that on the back of my sony Ca-650x head unit that there is the front and rear Rca outputs. Are these for the front and rear speakers? Also, can you use the regular speaker wires comming from the head unit to run to the amp, or are the Rca's better.

thanks

adam

yep they are for front and rear speakers(rca outs), namely to run to a amp. you can use the regular speaker wires coming out of the hu to an amp if the amp has speaker level inputs. using rca's would be a lot better and since most amps have rca inputs why not use them?

so what would i use to plug a sub into the system? the front or rear Rca's. How will they know that it is a sub, not the pair of 6x9's and will not send voice to the sub.

adam

makes sure your sub amp has a cross over ...............................................................rear output usually if u dont have a sub out not that it matters but would make sense huh?

ok , i finally get it i think.

so i plug my amp into the rear Rca out put, and the x-over in the amp will send the frequency below the cut off point to the subs, and the highs above the cutoff point to the rear 6x9's???

am i right

adam

no, unless it's (the amp) got mult inputs. if it just has one set of inputs the x-over will only work in either hi, full, or low pass applications.it won't be able to do both. if you have a 5 ch. amp for example it will have inputs for the sub only as well as inputs for other speakers. you'll have to get another amp for your highs or run them off your hu.

ok,

so if i plug in the rear & front RCA's be able to power my rear channels thru the Hu, and still have the rear Rca plugged into the amp to use for the sub?

also, i plug in the x-over to the components after amping right.

adam

ok, use ure rear pre-outs to the amp for the subs

use the regular wires(speaker level)out of your head unit to ure 6x9's and others..

as to the x-over, is it passive or active?

active requires power(from the car as well as the speakers)and goes in FRONT of the amp,passive just requires speaker input and goes AFTER the amp.

it's recommended NOT to use more than one x-over on a particular set of speakers,ie: one x-over for the subs,etc

that's NOT all-encompassing, but should help. there are others here(zane,audiolife,ramos to name a few)who have more technical experience and can complete(correct if necessary) what i've wrote.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.