Amplifier recommendation for 2 10" RF P1's

What about a PP i450.1? I don't want to risk over driving the subs with the i650.1.
You won't be over pushing the subs if you set your gains correctly. I always like to have a little headroom anyway. I'd probably go with one of the AB amps. Most of them are 1 ohm stable and it'll give you more headroom when you upgrade the subs. And you will most definitely upgrade the subs. This is an addiction! Lol!

You won't be over pushing the subs if you set your gains correctly. I always like to have a little headroom anyway. I'd probably go with one of the AB amps. Most of them are 1 ohm stable and it'll give you more headroom when you upgrade the subs. And you will most definitely upgrade the subs. This is an addiction! Lol!
So even though I would be at a 2 ohm load @ 650 watts bridged I do not have to worry about blowing my Punch 1's that I THINK can do 250 watts RMS each max?

So even though I would be at a 2 ohm load @ 650 watts bridged I do not have to worry about blowing my Punch 1's that I THINK can do 250 watts RMS each max?
The i450.1 isn't a great value. It's almost the same price as the i650.1 and it's less powerful. These amps come with a bass knob so you can turn the level down if you listen to music with clipped bass tones. On normal music it won't be pushing 650W.

The i450.1 isn't a great value. It's almost the same price as the i650.1 and it's less powerful. These amps come with a bass knob so you can turn the level down if you listen to music with clipped bass tones. On normal music it won't be pushing 650W.
I am definitely looking for a well rounded sound stage, not wanting to have the annoying booming bass at all. I am getting to old for that crap....LOL.

There is no such thing as too old. And yes, get the AB, cause you will upgrade, even if you are a rare one and don't, the headroom is a great factor in quality sound, bass heavy or not.

With a 2 ohm load the i650.1 will have headroom, the VFL 75.1 won't. 800W RMS at 1 ohm means the VFL 75.1 makes 400W at 2 ohms as it usually doubles as impedance is halved. To make more power Snyperx will have to use a 1 ohm load, which makes sound quality suffer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.