Amplifier turning off

Participant count
  • Participant list

kozik
10+ year member

Hi, I have 2 amps hooked up a hifonics hfi1000.1 and a Jensen power 760. I have 0gauge from battery to the trunk where I have a distributor splitting to 2 4gauge wires 1 for each sub. Sometimes (only happened twice in 2 months) when playing my music loud both amps cut out neither one is in protect more or anything they just stop working for a bit till I either a) put my music low or b) turn my deck off and on... I noticed also that when my music is playing and my sub is hitting my hifonics amp light (the one that lights up their symbol) dims a lot but no other light in my car dims at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Stock alternator and wiring with 0 gauge from battery to a distributor in my trunk where it splits to 2 4 gauge wires to each amp no more than 1 foot of 4 gauge... Then the ground is 0 gauge to a distributor that splits to 2 4 gauge wires to each sub.

If it were a voltage drop wouldn't I see my lights in the car dim as well?

Stock alternator and wiring with 0 gauge from battery to a distributor in my trunk where it splits to 2 4 gauge wires to each amp no more than 1 foot of 4 gauge... Then the ground is 0 gauge to a distributor that splits to 2 4 gauge wires to each sub.
If it were a voltage drop wouldn't I see my lights in the car dim as well?
You should, but it sounds like the amps still are dropping.

Do you own a dmm? If you do test the voltage while at full tilt and see what it does. Could be also just the gains up to much and the amps not liking it to well.

If it were the gains would that cause both amps to go out at the same time though? Because my sub gain is always up but shouldn't that only effect the sub amp not my amp controlling my speakers?

If it is a voltage drop what are my options? Big 3?

If it were the gains would that cause both amps to go out at the same time though? Because my sub gain is always up but shouldn't that only effect the sub amp not my amp controlling my speakers?
If it is a voltage drop what are my options? Big 3?
Yes you should deff have the big three if you have 2 amps, also for right now try lowering the gains on both amps it should prevent them cutting off too much. But yea sounds like a voltage problem make sure you take care of that so you dont run into bigger problems down the line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.