Any good sony's?

sticks435
10+ year member

Missouri
Hey guys, I was wondering if thier are any good sony mp3 headunits compared to pioneer 8600 or alpine 9833/53. My buddy is a distributor and if I can find a good unit, then I was gonna get it through him, otherwise he was going to try to find me a Alpine or sony. What do you think about the CDX-M7815X or the CDX-M8815X? Thanks.

Cool. I'm probably getting 50% off, and the new alpines don't have the specs I'd like, and a couple of people who I talked to who install stereo's have had bad experiences with Pioneer. I think a lot of the Sony bashing is geared towards thier subs and amps.

That's awesome to get 50% off. I agree their subs and amps probably aren't their high-points based off of comparing them with other brands in store. But they're putting out some nice mid- to high-end HUs now.

Yea, I picked up a MTX sledgehammer 2 12 5500 box, a MXA 6001, dual amp streetwires kit and some ZN350 RCA's for 500 with tax. I wanted 2 10's in sealed box's, but that would have been $370/80 anyway, so I said what the hell.

i dont have a problem with sonys.actually my first install was a sony in a 1988 chevy corsica.crappy car with a nice system.ive also hooked up acouple 222w and 444w sony amps great sounding.but im swapping my sony hu for a pioneer.blues prettyer ;=]

Just to let you guys know, I'm getting rid of my 7815x. It doesn't have enough control for me and the display washes out real bad. No numbers for things like volume and bass levels or sub levels just doesn't sit well with me. I'll prob put up a post in the FS forum later today.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.