Central Region Any SQ competitors in Minnesota??

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
Just a general inquiry if there any guys competing in sound quality up here. Would love the opportunty to hear your cars or just talk audio. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Not one? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Not one? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
On here? Doubtful...

On other forums there are several, you'll want to expand outward to find them.

I used to compete in Advanced Pro 301-600 in MN until USACi took a huge dive in this region... I have a few friends not far from where you live that used to compete also, they all pretty much hung up the towel in recent years due to the decline in attendance and due to how the shows were run.

On here? Doubtful...
On other forums there are several, you'll want to expand outward to find them.

I used to compete in Advanced Pro 301-600 in MN until USACi took a huge dive in this region... I have a few friends not far from where you live that used to compete also, they all pretty much hung up the towel in recent years due to the decline in attendance and due to how the shows were run.
Where would you suggest I look??

Where would you suggest I look??
Any forum but this one if you want to find serious SQ competitors.

Carsound/ECA/SIN/DIY/insert forum here - the level of competition grade people on this forum is incredibly small due to the grim reality of how it operates.

The other grim reality is how few people from this region compete anymore - no shows to attend - have to go into WI now to get anything.

I remember having every other weekend filled with shows - Teckla, M&M, Mach 1, Innovative Audio, Car Tunes & Alarms, Karls in SD... Now it's basically down to nothing.

We just have little mini-meets of all the MN guys to calm the itch now.

Any forum but this one if you want to find serious SQ competitors.
Carsound/ECA/SIN/DIY/insert forum here - the level of competition grade people on this forum is incredibly small due to the grim reality of how it operates.

The other grim reality is how few people from this region compete anymore - no shows to attend - have to go into WI now to get anything.

I remember having every other weekend filled with shows - Teckla, M&M, Mach 1, Innovative Audio, Car Tunes & Alarms, Karls in SD... Now it's basically down to nothing.

We just have little mini-meets of all the MN guys to calm the itch now.
*****! Why did it dry up?? I don't think I've come across an IASCA event anywhere near here. And the WI ones seem to be more SPL oriented //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

theres a girl on here by the name of sam, her tag is sakura. she used to judge sq but just like jlaine said, the judges were treated like **** and they made almost no money. they were made the drive to each show and pay for their own gas and hotel.

she did the sq thing for a while, did alot of installs with some really knowledgeable people - she is from frazee, mn.

i dont know if she is into it all i do know that she does not currently have a competition vehicle or even a daily driving vehicle with a stereo installed for that matter lol.

i do know there are alot of people in the midwest with some great stereos that used to compete.

*****! Why did it dry up?? I don't think I've come across an IASCA event anywhere near here. And the WI ones seem to be more SPL oriented //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Yeah... I hear you on the WI ones - that's why we just gave up and do get togethers during the summer months.

As for the rest... Well...

We've watched a judge get hauled off by the police - for skimming the entry fee, owners at Innovative caught them.

Had judges show up late, to almost every show.

Dirty trophies.

Not deliving 3x plaques several months after promising.

Late starts because of unprepared judges, late endings because of the same - and a lot of downtime in the midst because of it.

I blame Randall from USACi for almost all of it, he promised the shops in this region a regular, dependable judge and show - and never delivered - year after year.

This would be the norm:

Stay up until about 2am prepping car for show.

Sleep until 6am, get up and leave by 7-8 based on where I had to drive.

Drive 2-3 hours one way to show, show up "on time" and wait for 2-3 hours for the show to even get started.

Get judged, and wait until 2-3 hours past what should have been the end of the show to get trophies/points.

Honestly, I got fed up with paying $35~45 per event to show up on time, sit around for hours waiting for the show to start, and sit around for hours waiting for it to end. I'm already out entry fee, plus food for the day, plus gas in the firechicken - it all adds up pretty fast - the least we should get is a smoothly run show. About the last show I can recall that was run fairly well was one of the last that was USACi sanctioned in this region - was at the Best Buy in Baxter, MN - and I didn't enter it, only attended.

You won't find an IASCA show anywhere near here - last one I ever recall attending was 1998.

Yeah... I hear you on the WI ones - that's why we just gave up and do get togethers during the summer months.
That's kind of sad to hear. It's a cool hobby and I just want to hear/experience what a properly set up/competition vehicle sounds like.

Where do you usually meet? Up in the sticks?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

That's kind of sad to hear. It's a cool hobby and I just want to hear/experience what a properly set up/competition vehicle sounds like.
Where do you usually meet? Up in the sticks?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
We bounce around quite a bit actually -

End of June is going to be at my house in Morris - then we have one sometime after that in St. Louis Park (typically late july or so) - the one in Morris is actually planned out and set up - probably dust off the termlab and get that going and we have some SQ installs to get underway, the one we do in SLP is usually very short notice and we all just decide to say hell with it and go there.

Sometime late in summer/into fall we will have one 'in the sticks' - up in Warroad... That's something we do more for the extra activities (shooting range + 50 cal + whatever you want - last year it was tannerite and a speaker destined to die) - and some random audio goodness.

man, sounds like fun. i wish i lived in that area, im sure you guys have a blast //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

We bounce around quite a bit actually -
End of June is going to be at my house in Morris - then we have one sometime after that in St. Louis Park (typically late july or so) - the one in Morris is actually planned out and set up - probably dust off the termlab and get that going and we have some SQ installs to get underway, the one we do in SLP is usually very short notice and we all just decide to say hell with it and go there.

Sometime late in summer/into fall we will have one 'in the sticks' - up in Warroad... That's something we do more for the extra activities (shooting range + 50 cal + whatever you want - last year it was tannerite and a speaker destined to die) - and some random audio goodness.
Cool man...right in my neighborhood!! Where about exactly....just someone's house?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

FoxPro5

5,000+ posts
Causal wanderer
FoxPro5
3 octaves higher
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date