anybody install car audio as a dayjob?

what do you guys think are the chances of a place hiring a 17 year old for this type of job, or any job in a audio shop? not good? been hesitant to aask for app just because of age
At 17 years old, you should take any job you can get. Places are hesitant to hire highschool kids because of their lack of experience. When I was in highschool, it was hard to get a job because no one wanted to give you that "First Job." In the real world, relationships will get you the jov 80% of the time. It's who you know, not what you know.

what do you guys think are the chances of a place hiring a 17 year old for this type of job, or any job in a audio shop? not good? been hesitant to aask for app just because of age
im 17 and i work at the best stereo shop in the area, just to give an idea of quality we sell mostly mcintosh, audison, etc. we get jobs that are $5k, $10k, and up, maxing out at an $80k job on a range rover

and honestly getting the job wasnt that hard, first i stopped by, asked the salesman for an application, they sorta just gave it to me and were like "just bring it back and we'll let u kno" which was basically a polite "no" so i went back again and this time spoke to the owner, he gave me an on the spot interview, spent like a half an hour showing me around the shop, the installers, and some of the cars, namely a sick M3, with a real nice system, was like a $10k job. then he started talking as if he was already gonna hire me being like "u'll get real good deals on stuff and u'd be working with great installers", so i felt pretty good about it, then he said "just send me over a resume so i can call a few of your past employers" he did and a few days later i went in and he offered me the job. and i do some installs when we get busy, im really good at the internet so i research things there, do sales and do returns and other small office work so that everyone else can do their job more efficiently. and oh yeah he asked to see what i had installed in my car so that he could see what i was capable of.

so u do have a chance just go and ask, and show how much u like working on cars

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.