Are installers/Salesman that greedy???

Depression
10+ year member

ISSUES
Most of you are Audio fanatics with the skills to "not pay the bills" of elaborate and quality installation fees. I have "product know how" (thanks to many of you)...yet I do not trust myself with installing my system myself..no matter how simple.

BUT GOD ****!!!

Every installer I have seen in the last 3 days...greets me with a big smile,,and a "What can I do for you"..I tell them I would like prices on installing a system.."Well..what kinda system do you want" they say like stoned and happy people". I say "Oh...well already have the components I just want to know how much it will cost to install it all proffesionally"..BOOM!!..there goes the smile and helpfullness.....then they ask almost angrily..."well, what kinda components do you have"...Almost every component I tell them about is apparently "CRAP"(even though they also sell it??) but of course they will sell me "THIS NEW AND IMPROVED COMPONENT THEY JUST GOT IN LAST WEEK".

IT really pisses me off...I can't even get an honest price without being railed about "thier" stuff..and mine is crap. MY stuff is Fosgate..Q-logic (they hate Q-logic,,takes away thier fabrication money)..Infinity..Etc..etc....

Is there that much commision involved with Component sales that they literally will dis-respect you if you want to only install but not buy..And trust me..these are some so-called "classy" and "Reliable" car stereo spots.

Basically I have 2 Amps..5.25 separates, 1 10 inch in a q-logic box and pioneer 750MP..best price I got was $350..But I don't trust anyone with my truck now..I know they will get me in the end,I will pay extra just to have "MY" stuff done right..so far I literally feel like I may need to buy thier components to get an honest system installed...It really has been that bad guys.....any advice..I am in L.A.!!!!

Thanks

Depressed Audio fan with no place to go!

Find out where a local car audio meet is. Usually anywhere you go, there are car audio fanatics around. Just go, and ask one of them to help you. Or, you could go to the wiring section of these forums, and find out there. Hope that helps.

lol i work at a caraudio store and do installs all day long, usually car starters and alarms but i get the odd big system to be installed... Usually if you buy product from us, our labour charge is 60 bucks an hour, but if your bring product lol my boss usually jumps that labour charge through the roof to about 100 or so... so yeah they dont like installing gear thats not theirs. its a pet peave im assuming, i could care less really.. But if you own the store or are hardcore into the store then **** like this happends..

Tim

**** thats hella high the first time i went to the shop they put my whole system for $150 lol. I still go there today for certain things and its funny cause the owner incourage me to do it myself.

Most of you are Audio fanatics with the skills to "not pay the bills" of elaborate and quality installation fees. I have "product know how" (thanks to many of you)...yet I do not trust myself with installing my system myself..no matter how simple. BUT GOD ****!!!

Every installer I have seen in the last 3 days...greets me with a big smile,,and a "What can I do for you"..I tell them I would like prices on installing a system.."Well..what kinda system do you want" they say like stoned and happy people". I say "Oh...well already have the components I just want to know how much it will cost to install it all proffesionally"..BOOM!!..there goes the smile and helpfullness.....then they ask almost angrily..."well, what kinda components do you have"...Almost every component I tell them about is apparently "CRAP"(even though they also sell it??) but of course they will sell me "THIS NEW AND IMPROVED COMPONENT THEY JUST GOT IN LAST WEEK".

IT really pisses me off...I can't even get an honest price without being railed about "thier" stuff..and mine is crap. MY stuff is Fosgate..Q-logic (they hate Q-logic,,takes away thier fabrication money)..Infinity..Etc..etc....

Is there that much commision involved with Component sales that they literally will dis-respect you if you want to only install but not buy..And trust me..these are some so-called "classy" and "Reliable" car stereo spots.

Basically I have 2 Amps..5.25 separates, 1 10 inch in a q-logic box and pioneer 750MP..best price I got was $350..But I don't trust anyone with my truck now..I know they will get me in the end,I will pay extra just to have "MY" stuff done right..so far I literally feel like I may need to buy thier components to get an honest system installed...It really has been that bad guys.....any advice..I am in L.A.!!!!

Thanks

Depressed Audio fan with no place to go!
hmm, all the boxes we carry r q-logic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif but anyways,

we might get greedy, but that's cuz at times we need to reach the store quota or the manager gets mand. i know cuz i m working at CC and dat's how it's been.

hey, i would gladly help u out for a small reasonable fee. I live in San Diego if u r willin to drive down here. used to live in LA, but moved here for school. Where in LA do u live? send me a pm if interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.