ATTN: All US Acoustics owners

Great, qualiy amps. Put out rated power all the way down to 12.5v, solid build quality. I have personally owned a usx4085, usx2080, and usx2100...currently have the 2080 sitting around and the 2100 in my truck. Good features... I wouldn't want anything else for that price...plus with a 3 year warranty...yeah, bullet proof. peace

NG

I use a USX-4065 to run my system. Only complaint is that the RCA inputs aren't isolated from ground, which makes them susceptable to ground loops and engine whine. Other than that it's performed flawlessly for about 18 months.

Ok, I know somebody has a birthsheet of any US Acoustics amp. I'm arguing with a guy on another forum who is convinced they only put out half their rated power, and he won't believe otherwise unless he sees a birthsheet. Who has one?

Oh I know, it would just be nice to give him a picture so he can stop his whining. This is what he posted, which he found from some other board which he wont dicslose to me:

We tested the ultimate US Acoustics Amp (USX2150). I am just going to give you the numbers (yeah, I have written this particular data down) so you can point and laugh.
1. Channels are 1 db off.

2. 75wrms @ 4ohm @ 14.4volts (advertised: 4 Ohms @ 12.9v input 150x2)

3. Draw 19amps and almost clipping

4. Inverter noise so bad, we could not see the wave!

5. Distortion: 10khz - 0.67, 1khz 0.25, 100hz 0.25 (advertised: Less Then 0.01%)

Now those who remotely understand the amp specs should be laughing hard right about now. Mr. Fairchild, who is very precise and punctual about his electronics, was actually appalled by the specs and his eyes pretty much told me not to bring a similar POS to him again So I am trying to find a Pyramid for him to test
WHOA!! First off all, let me clear (reclear) things up...

I was there first and I asked them to take my a/d/s/ amp apart and evaluate the guts/thd/power.

Even after Retro came and we brought 3 more amps out of curiosity, Dr. Fairchild NEVER said anything BAD about any amps. He ven refered to my a/d/s/ as "the big amp", Retro's amp as "the black amp", my mark antony as the "tube amp", etc..etc. He wasn't familiar at all with any of the brands.

Yes, when we opened the USX, he only said that there are not much of components there (it was kinda empty).

But the people at TRU NEVER bash any of the amps, matter of fact, Dr. Fairchild complements all of the amps..

e.g. my a/d/s/ has very good heatsink, retro's amp is very powerful, but the heatsink should be improved, my mark antony is a very expensive amp and has very very low thd, and the usx that didn't meet the rated rms.
To answer the 1st Q. For me I would expect better build quality. Better materials. Better design (ie. PCB layout). Low distortion. Overall better sound.
What 'higher dollar units' do u speak of? Better quality generally means more money, but there are exceptions to the rule. Unfortunately the USX to my eyes and ears is not one of these exceptions. My Planet Audio that costs only about $20 to $40 more than the USX will walk all over it.

Plus if u can't audibly discern the difference between a USX and say an ARC or Zapco or hell even a Pioneer PRS-X, I suggest you have your hearing checked or get new speakers.

I understand that the USX is a 'bargain' amp, but to make statements such as these in order to defend your purchasing decisions, I don't agree with.

I too have recommended USAccoustics on this forum. i now feel bad for potentialy misleading fellow members into making a poor purchase.

Only thing that came with mine (4065) was the amp, some mounting screws & stuff, a generic usx manual (applicable for like the usx2100 and usx4085) and I think a warranty card or something. got it around jan. 9th.

US acoustics dont come w/ birthsheets.

That test was conducted by TRU tech engineer. I believe him. Its not like they would need to lie about the testing since the two companies are in two completely different price target areas.

I know for a fact that the two lower 2 channel amps( 2050/2080) had to have 14.4v to produce rated power, otherwise with lower voltage, they couldn't produce rated power, even though US acoustics supposedly rates the amps at 12.8? volts :|

I use a USX-4065 to run my system. Only complaint is that the RCA inputs aren't isolated from ground, which makes them susceptable to ground loops and engine whine. Other than that it's performed flawlessly for about 18 months.
is there anything i can do for this problem...it's happening to me as we speak. It's getting rather annoying too...any suggestions or quick fixes? peace

NG

i loved mine! I am pretty sure that my usa2200F did way more than it was supposed to! No joke, i loved the thing, i had it stolen and put on a different amp and it couldn't compare to the 2200F.

BUT, on the other hand i purchased a usa4080 and it was nice, but it definately wasn't as great as the 2200F i had. It was a good fill for my speakers but it just seemed to lack a bit of punch....so i might have gotten a lemon, who knows

Mine isn't hooked up yet but I don't think I made the wrong decision. To tell the truth, I know for sure I'm gonna be satisfied...just because I've never had an amp therefore don't have anything to compare it to (except the hu...)

Basically once I get my box for my e12kx.22, that's when I'm gonna install it.

GROUND NOISE!!!

glad i actually used the search feature . wow look newbies it actually works!!

ive grounded this in about 3 different spots.. so im gonna read up on ground loop isolators now..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.