Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its ok for a producing company to know absolutely nothing about their own product? I'm sorry but I thought Cadence was a little more reputable then that. I myself am in the marketing industry I know nearly 100% of everything I sell upon any question being asked. According to how we do business, granted we are a multimillion dollar industry, I know the right ways around handling business either good or bad. So from my stand point I did what I or anyone else would do. Call for explanations to my questions. Clearly none were given in this situation even after me being patient and awaiting a return phone for 2 days before posting this. I know this and my other threads were useful to those who it was addressed to. After speaking with an amazon rep he confirmed I was not the only sending in for a refund. Like I said previously, this was not intended to be this big of a blow-up. I think its rather funny a VP was quick to hush me for pointing this out and more so on the lines of proving me wrong rather then listing the results of these so-called "improvements" made to the motors by less top and bottom plates. Although they were said to be a "paperclip" difference and a paper clip measure literally 1mm or 0.04inch and the new motors were a little over 7/64 of an inch or 2.7781mm. So with that statement, they were wrong or their digital caliper does not work very well, not pointing fingers but i know mine is within 0.0028mm accurate. I did however return the other 6 to amazon for a refund while there are 2 for me to test personally and 2 more out in Cambridge, Ma. I had stated many times before, I am over this as it was all handled very wrong from the beginning with my phone called I made and what I was told from an amp "tech". I am waiting on MIT to put all data in pdf format for it to be converted to MW layout.
I think you just read what I said then twisted it to fit your thought processes. Not every person at every business knows about the products being sold as it not always their job to know. I'm sure he knows enough to validate his remarks and all info passed along by ROY was more then likely passed on to him by another source. I'm fine with the idea that he or others with in the company do not know 100% about their product. I know first had much smaller companies that employ just 2 or 3 people and yet many know nothing about audio what so ever and are not well suited for business.

I understand your position and this post should have been toward amazon rather then cadence as they are at fault for the mix up. The specs should be clarified, but your asking a non-tech to give you info in less then a day or two when it takes longer then that for emails/phone calls to go around to get everything lined out to have your information. After many of your posts, in all honesty I would have just told you to send them back and no longer worry about it.

If you had a problem with one of their employees then you should file a complaint with in the company about that person. Amazingly companies do take action on those complaints all the time.

Also, before the rumors fly around about me having any involvement with Cadence. I can assure you I have none what so ever. No tech or R&D or other type of services. I'm just speaking on the situation and how I view it.

I think you just read what I said then twisted it to fit your thought processes. Not every person at every business knows about the products being sold as it not always their job to know. I'm sure he knows enough to validate his remarks and all info passed along by ROY was more then likely passed on to him by another source. I'm fine with the idea that he or others with in the company do not know 100% about their product. I know first had much smaller companies that employ just 2 or 3 people and yet many know nothing about audio what so ever and are not well suited for business.
I understand your position and this post should have been toward amazon rather then cadence as they are at fault for the mix up. The specs should be clarified, but your asking a non-tech to give you info in less then a day or two when it takes longer then that for emails/phone calls to go around to get everything lined out to have your information. After many of your posts, in all honesty I would have just told you to send them back and no longer worry about it.

If you had a problem with one of their employees then you should file a complaint with in the company about that person. Amazingly companies do take action on those complaints all the time.

Also, before the rumors fly around about me having any involvement with Cadence. I can assure you I have none what so ever. No tech or R&D or other type of services. I'm just speaking on the situation and how I view it.
Please tell me what I am missing... You are saying its not the manufacturers fault for informing "authorized dealers" about a change in product? I did not twist anything to suit me, it's all there in print. I had stated many times I am patiently waiting on these "emails from China" and so on... I was told I would have their "speaker tech/designer" contact me and that still hasn't happened.

I dont see any possible way how this is Amazons fault for selling something they thought was the same product and they were told no different of changes.

I have nowhere called any employees out or as so much spoke bad about them or the company anywhere, so please re-read everything I have posted. The utmost belittling comment I made was how "Cadence would shift such product in terms of lesser cost" which with that I was apparently told off by the big VP of the company who also had no viable info, rather a few paragraphs worth of run-on about upgrades.

I also am no way pointing fingers or thinking you are affiliated with the company. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however there is no other way around this that I can see. Everything I had done for my questions was near text book. You may look at it differently but in my shoes, this was not the company I had proudly spoke of to fellow enthusiasts seeing as how everything was handled.

Please tell me what I am missing... You are saying its not the manufacturers fault for informing "authorized dealers" about a change in product? I did not twist anything to suit me, it's all there in print. I had stated many times I am patiently waiting on these "emails from China" and so on... I was told I would have their "speaker tech/designer" contact me and that still hasn't happened.
I dont see any possible way how this is Amazons fault for selling something they thought was the same product and they were told no different of changes.

I have nowhere called any employees out or as so much spoke bad about them or the company anywhere, so please re-read everything I have posted. The utmost belittling comment I made was how "Cadence would shift such product in terms of lesser cost" which with that I was apparently told off by the big VP of the company who also had no viable info, rather a few paragraphs worth of run-on about upgrades.

I also am no way pointing fingers or thinking you are affiliated with the company. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however there is no other way around this that I can see. Everything I had done for my questions was near text book. You may look at it differently but in my shoes, this was not the company I had proudly spoke of to fellow enthusiasts seeing as how everything was handled.
The issue does reside in the 3rd parties fault for what they sent you. Weather they were informed of the change or not is not relevant to some extent as that company is so vast the one person you would actually talk to wouldn't know anyway.

I agree the VP was far out of line with his post/comment. However, that still does not excuse your immediate over reaction and jumping on the hate wagon. You can claim a million times that you didn't intend for it to be that way, but after your negative reviews and numerous posts you in fact DID mean it that way. There are two ways to look at that. The first few days you posted every hour saying your still waiting for a call or email when there is no way a business of their size can work that fast.

If I was at the company I would have simply asked you to return them as from your wide array of posts and structured comments through them I would say you are a "lost cause" for being even close to a satisfied customer and there is no way to have this end even close to ok for the company as you have done everything in your power to keep every post with some hint of negativity.

Again, I'm not saying anyone is right per say. As I have said many times and will continue to. You jumped ship and just went head first on the "hate wagon". Regardless of how things actually worked out, what you did set in motion the way it would end. After you go on such a rampage as you did, there is no reasonable way you can think that a company will still bend over backwards to resolve issues that ARE a 3rd parties fault.

I hate to see the industry this way, but again as I said before. Customers that react as you did make it hard for the rest of us to find companies that want to work with the end user rather then just sell to a 3rd party such as amazon and not worry about it anymore.

Exactly... However you seem to be missing were I said I will be returning for a full refund. In which I did after finding out they had no possible way through all their dealers and nationwide businesses they couldn't get me the rev.2 series. After that I had stated many times over and over I was returning to amazon. Call it as you will but I dont feel any of this is the 3rd parties fault. Amazon is pretty much the middle man and they only sell what stock Cadence has, they dont stock none of this stuff on their "shelves".

Example; I had bought a brand new Deka intimidator g31 through remybattery.com, it arrived swollen yet held a good resting voltage but would not load test worth a penny. I had called Remy Battery, they gave me Eastpenn/Dekas the manufacture for the battery to get everything situated through them. I spoke to a rep then a supervisor who then contacted Remy Battery to confirm I was legit and I would get a call back. The next day, a sales rep from Eastpenn calls me, sends a return shipping label and another g31 to be shipped to me upon arrival of my battery.

Call it "hate-wagon" as you will, it was to get peoples attention on this new revision. The negative reviews served an absolute perfect purpose to any user in my eyes. Especially on Amazon seeing as how Audio_Phill aka Phillip Reedy commented on how "un-cool" of a change this was without notice. Phill is very plugged in with the audio world and many companies, so he is not some "regular" user one might think. Again, no hating, but it is what it is, and I take back nothing what was said. I know they are widely spread out, so there was a little hope in me that Cadence was plugged in enough with their clientele base that they could easi;y track down an older revision. I have worked for many corporate and mom and pop audio shops. They all stock pile or have something in the back still. I dont see any possible way the entire world being out of these subwoofers unless they had only 200 of the rev.2 made.

Exactly... However you seem to be missing were I said I will be returning for a full refund. In which I did after finding out they had no possible way through all their dealers and nationwide businesses they couldn't get me the rev.2 series. After that I had stated many times over and over I was returning to amazon. Call it as you will but I dont feel any of this is the 3rd parties fault. Amazon is pretty much the middle man and they only sell what stock Cadence has, they dont stock none of this stuff on their "shelves".
Example; I had bought a brand new Deka intimidator g31 through remybattery.com, it arrived swollen yet held a good resting voltage but would not load test worth a penny. I had called Remy Battery, they gave me Eastpenn/Dekas the manufacture for the battery to get everything situated through them. I spoke to a rep then a supervisor who then contacted Remy Battery to confirm I was legit and I would get a call back. The next day, a sales rep from Eastpenn calls me, sends a return shipping label and another g31 to be shipped to me upon arrival of my battery.

Call it "hate-wagon" as you will, it was to get peoples attention on this new revision. The negative reviews served an absolute perfect purpose to any user in my eyes. Especially on Amazon seeing as how Audio_Phill aka Phillip Reedy commented on how "un-cool" of a change this was without notice. Phill is very plugged in with the audio world and many companies, so he is not some "regular" user one might think. Again, no hating, but it is what it is, and I take back nothing what was said. I know they are widely spread out, so there was a little hope in me that Cadence was plugged in enough with their clientele base that they could easi;y track down an older revision. I have worked for many corporate and mom and pop audio shops. They all stock pile or have something in the back still. I dont see any possible way the entire world being out of these subwoofers unless they had only 200 of the rev.2 made.
After you failed at being a sensible person on the situation you wanted them to call 1000s and 1000s of dealers to find you a few cheap subs? The amount of time just for phone calls would add up to more then your whole order in the first place. Not to mention shipping subs around and dealing with a customer like you to top it off, which would not be on my "to do list" at all. Best bet is to cut ties and have you send the items back. After you jumped on the "hate wagon" so quick with less then credible reasons to do so, there was no hope for this getting resolved. You are 1 of 10s of thousands of customers. After your actions and lack of any moral integrity, they saw fit to no longer deal with the situation you created out of pure spite.

With all that said, Cadence is not drop shipping via Amazon. Amazon uses other warehouses that do not belong to Cadence. So again, not their(Cadence) fault that the rev you received was incorrect.

I know Phil and respect his thoughts and work, but that does not excuse your actions that you did. I'm as connected(more then likely more so) in this industry then just about anybody I have ever met or dealt with. What does this mean to anyone else? Nothing....

After speaking with an amazon rep he confirmed I was not the only sending in for a refund.
That probably would be because of this forum and the other clones you have posted. An "average" user probably would not be as acute and be happy with the driver performance.

Not flaming. Just my opinion.

Still wanting to see the tech data.

So where is the vaulted, long awaited, anticipated MIT test data? I think this information would be the final nail in the coffin of this dying thread. I'm really starting to think that there may be no test data. Or, it failed to meet OP's claims and the changes weren't large enough to throw specs out of whack.

The technical specs on every sub is diff. Not one sub is going to be identical to whats listed on the spec sheet. So unless its completly out of whack we'll never know just how diff it is from a v2 anyways. The op is just full of fail on this one.

So where is the vaulted, long awaited, anticipated MIT test data? I think this information would be the final nail in the coffin of this dying thread. I'm really starting to think that there may be no test data. Or, it failed to meet OP's claims and the changes weren't large enough to throw specs out of whack.
I cannot believe that the OP has not posted the testing results yet

Well I am a new Marketing/sales guy at Cadence and wow this thread was really blown out of proportion.

Regardless of specs on paper, real world application will always hold dominance and the CVL8 was and still is a great subwoofer.

We will have a new "version" of CVL8 coming out soon. Expect good things guys, special thanks to all of those who did not try to instigate and prolong this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

TnT_Sounds

10+ year member
profiling gets **** done!
TnT_Sounds
Colorado
Start date
Participants