AudioFrog GB10 and GB25 dash/podz

NSTALN
10+ year member

Dismember
I got a chance to start the install of my new AudioFrog GB10 tweets and GB25 midranges. The tweets are going into PVC cap pods and the mids are replacing my outer-most air vents in my dashboard.

Some adjusting, sanding, painting etc yet to be done...but I've got the basics done so far...here is everything test-fit.

Pics:

4loy7t.jpg

esuqvq.jpg

msyb0k.jpg

35kucyh.jpg

14n32n5.jpg

142r52b.jpg

2qiv239.jpg

rkqat4.jpg

2cgc5sj.jpg

axekqg.jpg

Not many people appreciate nice SQ setups on this site. lol.

I take it you don't use your A/C much? That's awesome placement for those speakers though, what other components are you using for the install?

I really want some audio frog equipment. If only because it's a ******* frog. Great setup. I can't tell on my phone, did you paint those pvc caps?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I take it you don't use your A/C much? That's awesome placement for those speakers though, what other components are you using for the install?
There are more than you know.

I was going to ask the same question about the A/C.

Yeah...this tends to be more of a 'Boomer' oriented forum...but that's fine...I like the boom too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I actually don't use the AC that often...but that same vent system links to several other outlet vents, plus I have two large center vents. I will be sealing off the vent tubes behind the midrange speakers, I don't want to be blasting any air into the back of the cones. I have plenty of room behind the mids in case I decide to put some sort of cup behind them...though AF said I shouldn't need one.

The rest of the system includes :

Alpine ixe-555bt headunit

Kinetic batteries

Sky-high 0g big three and main power/ground runs

....the rest I'm not too sure about...

for amps I have 3 options; 1)JL Audio 900/5hd running the whole system 2)Kenwood Excelon KAC-x401m for sub and KAC-x501f for front end 3)JL 900/5 for front end JL 750/1 for sub. All three amp options have their own merit...just don't know yet...I already own all (4) amps so price isn't an issue.

Midbass duty is also up in the air...My car has 6x9 openings in the door which is awesome because I can take advantage of a larger driver without having to go crazy accommodating one. I own a set of Image Dynamics XS-69 woofers so I may use those...buuuuut my OCD really wants me to stick with AudioFrog for the front end...so I may grab a pair of the GS693's when they're released laterthis summer...still undecided.

Finally I have a few sub options as well...right now I can either go with a TC Sounds TC1000 15 (unicorn) or an Audiomobile MASS 2012...either off the sub channel of the 9005 or off the dedicated 750/1

...so many choices...maybe I just need a second car. Hmmmmm.

Yeah...this tends to be more of a 'Boomer' oriented forum...but that's fine...I like the boom too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I actually don't use the AC that often...but that same vent system links to several other outlet vents, plus I have two large center vents. I will be sealing off the vent tubes behind the midrange speakers, I don't want to be blasting any air into the back of the cones. I have plenty of room behind the mids in case I decide to put some sort of cup behind them...though AF said I shouldn't need one.

Kinetic batteries

for amps I have 3 options; 1)JL Audio 900/5hd running the whole system 2)Kenwood Excelon KAC-x401m for sub and KAC-x501f for front end 3)JL 900/5 for front end JL 750/1 for sub. All three amp options have their own merit...just don't know yet...I already own all (4) amps so price isn't an issue.

Midbass duty is also up in the air...My car has 6x9 openings in the door which is awesome because I can take advantage of a larger driver without having to go crazy accommodating one. I own a set of Image Dynamics XS-69 woofers so I may use those...buuuuut my OCD really wants me to stick with AudioFrog for the front end...so I may grab a pair of the GS693's when they're released laterthis summer...still undecided.

Finally I have a few sub options as well...right now I can either go with a TC Sounds TC1000 15 (unicorn) or an Audiomobile MASS 2012...either off the sub channel of the 9005 or off the dedicated 750/1

I vote for a dedicated sub amp. TC-1000 is solid. Also, consider IA flatlyne. The audio frog stuff is supposed to be awesome, so you should get the matching midbass. You should just do the standard 6.5" with adapters. If not audiofrog, look into raw drivers.

There are more than you know.
I was going to ask the same question about the A/C.
Well most of the people that are into Sq on this site are also on diyma and mostly just post there. Back in the day there was a bigger abundance of Sq guys I think.

However, I like my bass too, hence the two 15s in my "SQ" setup. Lol

Kinetic batteries

TC-1000 all the way. The TC-3000 15" I had on an mtx 1501d with rainbow germanium components is still one of my favorite setups that I've had.

What do you think of the JL XD series of amps? I love all the options, size, and reliability of them on all 5 or 6 that I've had and they're a little cheaper than the HD series.

Well most of the people that are into Sq on this site are also on diyma and mostly just post there. Back in the day there was a bigger abundance of Sq guys I think.

TC-1000 all the way. The TC-3000 15" I had on an mtx 1501d with rainbow germanium components is still one of my favorite setups that I've had.

What do you think of the JL XD series of amps? I love all the options, size, and reliability of them on all 5 or 6 that I've had and they're a little cheaper than the HD series.
Xd amps are great I changed from a xd to hd and really don't notice a ton of difference, both are awesome amps

Gotta love 15's.

I've owned several TC models to include a few TC3000 15's

Here are a few pics of my TC3k15 in my '04 Durango. I used Kenwood Excelon amps for this install. I had Morel elate tweets, 5.25's and 9's up front. I LOVED how this system sounded...but Dodges don't last forever. LOL.

bhbqbt.jpg

28svdz5.jpg

hrc2ug.jpg

1zp0410.jpg

9pqkxh.jpg

scri34.jpg

zbl2b.jpg

2ptt66v.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the system I had before the Durango...a Nissan Altima 3.5se which also featured a TC3k15 and the same Kenwood Excelon amps.

s3khht.jpg

2s0mopi.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.