Audiopipe APSM-1500 Protection for a few seconds?

Alright so I'm reporting back with some updated news..

My volts at the lowest dropped to 13.15, but most of the time went to 13.5 is that really that bad of a drop? I figured it wasn't bad enough for the amp to go into protect.

After setting the amp with a dmm, I cranked it up to the 75% volume on the HU we used when testing, and the amp went into protect. We added temporary ground to all of the weaker ones that we thought of just to see if it was a weak ground, but still no results. While it was playing, it hit real hard and was shaking the whole inside of my car, was great. Soon after went into protect tho. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Ground isn't the problem nor is the voltage drop I don't think. So maybe a faulty amp? I wasn't clipping it because I set it at 41.5 volts and the voltage said to put it at 43.5 with the dmm, so I went safe and put it a little under.

For the meantime tho, I put the gain about halfway and it hasn't gone into protect yet. Still hits nice but I feel like it's not doing its full potential. Also, I can't crank it up 100% with my HU or it will go into protect, so I have to leave it at 75%. Example is at 21 is perfect on my HU before it starts distorting due to my crap speakers, but I have to keep it at 16 because it will go into protect any higher.

Everything is either at 0 or off. Treble, bass boost, etc.

Alright so I'm reporting back with some updated news..
My volts at the lowest dropped to 13.15, but most of the time went to 13.5 is that really that bad of a drop? I figured it wasn't bad enough for the amp to go into protect.

After setting the amp with a dmm, I cranked it up to the 75% volume on the HU we used when testing, and the amp went into protect. We added temporary ground to all of the weaker ones that we thought of just to see if it was a weak ground, but still no results. While it was playing, it hit real hard and was shaking the whole inside of my car, was great. Soon after went into protect tho. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Ground isn't the problem nor is the voltage drop I don't think. So maybe a faulty amp? I wasn't clipping it because I set it at 41.5 volts and the voltage said to put it at 43.5 with the dmm, so I went safe and put it a little under.

For the meantime tho, I put the gain about halfway and it hasn't gone into protect yet. Still hits nice but I feel like it's not doing its full potential. Also, I can't crank it up 100% with my HU or it will go into protect, so I have to leave it at 75%. Example is at 21 is perfect on my HU before it starts distorting due to my crap speakers, but I have to keep it at 16 because it will go into protect any higher.

Everything is either at 0 or off. Treble, bass boost, etc.
It would help if you took a picture of your ground and posted it..... That way it can be ruled out. I'm still pretty sure that's the problem.

It would help if you took a picture of your ground and posted it..... That way it can be ruled out. I'm still pretty sure that's the problem.
How do I post a picture on here? Did that last link work? the one with to the left and the right of the link?

How do I post a picture on here? Did that last link work? the one with to the left and the right of the link?
take a pic with a phone or digital camera, upload the pic to photobucket, right click the image once it's in photobucket and select "copy image location"...... then yes, you right click on "insert image" and paste the copied URL of the pic location.

is that your amp ground?

edit: i'm not sure what i'm seeing there, but i know it's not good...... there should be NOTHING inbetween the ring terminal and your ground spot.

is that your amp ground?
yes, I put a hole through my trunk and fed it down, that's a metal strap that holds my gas tank up, and connects to the metal bumper which is welded to the frame. We had a better bolt but my dad couldn't even break it, and he's pretty dang strong.

Just drill a small hole in your frame, sand around it well, and use a sheet metal screw and a washer. Do the same thing for your big three grounds to your chassis, too!

Just drill a small hole in your frame, sand around it well, and use a sheet metal screw and a washer. Do the same thing for your big three grounds to your chassis, too!
Alright going to go work on it, will report back.

View attachment 26533163View attachment 26533164View attachment 26533165
We sanded the hell out of them and still nothing. We added a EXTRA cord to the strut tower, so another ground which should give it more grounding right?? Still protects, and we have it lower gain then the 43.5 hz suggest. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Do you got another amp to use? See if you can go to your local car audio store and test out their amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.