Bench tested Hifonics???

Hifonics probably builds their amps that tough because they know that most people looking to get that much power at that price are going to have little invested in their elecrtical systems and the amps will see some abuse a fair amount of the time

All Im saying is I look at it this way, if a hifnoics bxi2008 puts out 1700 watts at 1 ohm for 325 bucks and a sundown saz 1500 puts out 16-1700 for 570 thats a helluva diffrence, and before you say "oh the saz line will run .5" of course it will but it voids the warrenty just the same as hifonics and I would argue that with good electrical hifionics would too. As soon as I can afford a sundown and a good electrical Im going to find out myself, I just need to do my big 3 and get a batt or 2 for now then a ho alt later down the line

So when you think about it that 570 dollar 1500 watt "overrated amp" aint that overratted as far as power goes when a 325 dollar underrated amp does ballpark figures, that 245 dollars could be used right now on this forum as follows 1 stinger spv70 for about 100 http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386222&highlight=super+stinger+sale,

All of this wire and the 30 feet of 2/0 guage coiled up there for 125 shipped if you throw in the terminals and stuff he had for sale there it would come out around 245 total.

wire1.JPG

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379315

so for that slight diffrence in quality you could have a decent electrical system with enough wire left over to expand if you add more batts later on or dynamat your car, or get a 4 channel, or get a HO alt, or get some decent mids or deck. Basically any other major componet of your system. All for a slight diffrence.

Unless you have the money its a open and shut case to me

Hifonics probably builds their amps that tough because they know that most people looking to get that much power at that price are going to have little invested in their elecrtical systems and the amps will see some abuse a fair amount of the time
All Im saying is I look at it this way, if a hifnoics bxi2008 puts out 1700 watts at 1 ohm for 325 bucks and a sundown saz 1500 puts out 16-1700 for 570 thats a helluva diffrence, and before you say "oh the saz line will run .5" of course it will but it voids the warrenty just the same as hifonics and I would argue that with good electrical hifionics would too. As soon as I can afford a sundown and a good electrical Im going to find out myself, I just need to do my big 3 and get a batt or 2 for now then a ho alt later down the line

So when you think about it that 570 dollar 1500 watt "overrated amp" aint that overratted as far as power goes when a 325 dollar underrated amp does ballpark figures, that 245 dollars could be used right now on this forum as follows 1 stinger spv70 for about 100 http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386222&highlight=super+stinger+sale,

All of this wire and the 30 feet of 2/0 guage coiled up there for 125 shipped if you throw in the terminals and stuff he had for sale there it would come out around 245 total.

wire1.JPG

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379315

so for that slight diffrence in quality you could have a decent electrical system with enough wire left over to expand if you add more batts later on or dynamat your car, or get a 4 channel, or get a HO alt, or get some decent mids or deck. Basically any other major componet of your system. All for a slight diffrence.

Unless you have the money its a open and shut case to me
I agree so with that said would you like my Hifonics XX Hercules???

well here is a bench test a car audio mag did of a bxi 1100d ( a overseas model) amp states 1100 watts and the test shows 1090 w. looks pretty close to me

What puts out more power a 290 dollar 2000 watt brutus amp or a 409 dollar sundown 1200 watt amp? Not knocking either company or amp but for $119 bucks you can't really argue why someone leans towards another. Some a 3 year warranty means a lot with the service others just want an amp. I have seen 3 + year old hifonics amps even in the crunch line still in use today. Its all where the buyer places their value. 1 year warranty vs 3 year. Someone has a 500 or a 600 dollar budget how is it wrong going with the hifonics?
This is very true for an entry level consumer, but efficiency, customer service, and the cleanliness of the signal also play a huge roll in decision making for me. Also Sundown supports its dealers where Maxsonics could give a **** less. That is half the problem with todays economy. Businesses like Wal-Mart forcing everything overseas, because we want cheaper, and that is exactly what we are getting cheaper stuff. We want to pay less so in the end we need to also expect to get paid less as well. Think about it. Would you go to Wal-Mart and buy a TV, probably alot of us would. For example 37" Plasma probably $700 to $800 dollars or a local vendor that sells Audiovox or Pioneer for example you would probably pay $850 to $1000. Have a problem with the one from Wal-Mart you may get some help if you start yelling, local vendor will take care of you immediately. Wal-Mart TV throw it away in 6 or 7 years, Pioneer one throw it away in maybe 10 to 13 years. Just something to think about, why is OLD School so sought after. Because it is built better, built here in America. Heck Pyle was built in American and use to be decent stuff.

This is very true for an entry level consumer, but efficiency, customer service, and the cleanliness of the signal also play a huge roll in decision making for me. Also Sundown supports its dealers where Maxsonics could give a **** less. That is half the problem with todays economy. Businesses like Wal-Mart forcing everything overseas, because we want cheaper, and that is exactly what we are getting cheaper stuff. We want to pay less so in the end we need to also expect to get paid less as well. Think about it. Would you go to Wal-Mart and buy a TV, probably alot of us would. For example 37" Plasma probably $700 to $800 dollars or a local vendor that sells Audiovox or Pioneer for example you would probably pay $850 to $1000. Have a problem with the one from Wal-Mart you may get some help if you start yelling, local vendor will take care of you immediately. Wal-Mart TV throw it away in 6 or 7 years, Pioneer one throw it away in maybe 10 to 13 years. Just something to think about, why is OLD School so sought after. Because it is built better, built here in America. Heck Pyle was built in American and use to be decent stuff.
if the signal is not full %'s dirty or distortion is not in full percentages a beginner or the thrifty buyer would not even notice or some may not care. If either amplifier is hooked up right and ran right either one could and should last awhile. I wasn't dogging on either company just stated how and WHY it would be hard to argue against their thought process for selecting the Hifonics.

I understand what you are sayin', but I still have a daytron TV that works perfectly fine from way back in the day to where you have to stand up, walk over to turn the channel and it was ubder cheap back then for TV's in that day, which was more than most tv's now a days.

Andthere isn't hardly one thing in that TV from America.........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

With that said, I do understand where you are coming from, but is hard for me anyway to justify spending a bunch of chedder on something either American made or not when I could get something budget minded and be happy.

I have kids and **** that come first, so I don't spend a ton of money on this stuff anymore...........although I have went way past my budget on this new build.

Just sayin'.

im running a Hifonics 2008D and so far no problems at all. stays nice and cool.if your really worried about over rated go for the step up then what you need. i only need 1000 RMS for my type Rs but you know i wanted to run 1500 to them. so rather then by the 1608 went with the 2008d and now i have some room to upgrade in the future and in case there over rated. for the price im just going to add another one and run 2 of them on some HDC3s or something along those lines. but ya at full tilt my lights do dim and voltage drops alittle bit, so i picked up 2 stinger SPV 70s to add well see how that works. no complaints and ill deff buy again. and have recommended them to friends and a couple of them are using them with no problems at all as well.

Dude, you have it so why not just run it? So it may make a few watts shy of rated power... Trust me, you will NEVER notice those few missing watts;)

You get what you pay for when it comes to car audio. There are people here who have ran the same amps in their vehicles for one 10+ years because they did it right the first time. One guy on this forum who goes by RFVega still runs 2 punch 150's after 20 years. He did it right the first time. If you spend $200 buying a cheap amp then it craps out on you, then you spend another $200, then another $200. Hell for that you could have bought a quality amp that would have outlasted all of those cheap amps.
Hifonics has not been as good since Steven Mantz stop working with them to design their amps. The XX line is very good but the rest is cheap budget equipment with bad sound quality.
wow really?

I had 4 t1000.1 bd amps(700+ retail) and 2 p6001bd (400+ retail) amps in less than 3 years all smoke within a year and replaced em all with hifonics "junk" and those hifonics brutus amps are still in use over 3 yrs later and sound better than the RF amps ever did. (rf forces a bass boost signal internally on both those amp models) they are impossible to make a flat wave on a scope with and that boost which creates "dirty" sound as you call it. class D is dirty period compared to A/B and will also exceed the thermal dynamics of a subwoofer 2 to 3 times faster than a comparable wattage A/B amp will leading to woofer damage that much faster if not corrected immediately.

Hifonics = meh... But its ok. If it is in your price range then go for it, just dont look for rated power!!! look for less! also they get extremely HOT EXTREMELY HOT! at 1ohm daily just to let you know
I run 2 2006d amps @ 1 ohm on 4 12" squares all day in a daily driver for almost 3 yrs now and my amps dont even get warm on a 100 degreee day after several hours of max volume. you are starving them for power or you have them at less than 1 ohm

5. We have gone WAY off the beaten path. The bottom line is that the Hifonics XX or XXV is close to rated power whereas the Hifonics Brutus series is CHEAP and OVERRATED! Regardless, if you want to go loud on a budget, the Hifonics budget amps will get you there! Hell, I am even sure the Brutus line will make rated power.... Of course it will be at 20 to 30% distortion with the amp clipped to high hell:laugh:
It surpassed

its rated power by 5.26% and didn’t reach clip until

12,209 Watts.

thats from pas mag on the maxximus amp hmm seems to me it by far exceeded its rated power and "omg" hifonics made the first 10kw amp that was a true 10kw!! at less than 1% thd N

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.