Best Deck with Apple Carplay

Participant count
  • Participant list

Old_Slapper

CarAudio.com Regular
USA
I have done a lot of research, but as always, there are too many choices and they all seem to get the same review. I'm looking for a deck that has Apple Carplay. It would be best if it's wireless, but wired is okay. I was also looking at the 1.5 din indash screens, but they are all from off brand companies and I am not sure how good they are. What are you're guy's experience on these? It's for my kids truck, so it will need to be able to handle a lot of vibrations, from the sub, and needs to be under $200.

I have done a lot of research, but as always, there are too many choices and they all seem to get the same review. I'm looking for a deck that has Apple Carplay. It would be best if it's wireless, but wired is okay. I was also looking at the 1.5 din indash screens, but they are all from off brand companies and I am not sure how good they are. What are you're guy's experience on these? It's for my kids truck, so it will need to be able to handle a lot of vibrations, from the sub, and needs to be under $200.
What Vehicle?
I would take a look at Sonic Electronix to see what they may have.
Take a look at JVC units made by Kenwood.
Ive been looking at a Belva Unit for my work truck thats more than reasonable for my needs. may look at that brand, as the reviews have been pretty Steller

A $200 budget is do-able but a little tight for certain features wanted verses needed, and will take a search to find what you want. Id deff look for a unit with 4v+ RCAs out for a cleaner signal.
I always feel like Im wiping a touch screen down constantly of which Ive pretty much opted out of with an actual volume knob/ect.

I’m pleasantly surprised with my Atoto head unit. I bought it as a quick temporary head unit after a car accident, but there’s no reason to replace it after using it for awhile. It’s actually decent. 4 volt rca outs, good working touchscreen, lots of expansion options, Apple CarPlay/android auto.

What Vehicle?
I would take a look at Sonic Electronix to see what they may have.
Take a look at JVC units made by Kenwood.
Ive been looking at a Belva Unit for my work truck thats more than reasonable for my needs. may look at that brand, as the reviews have been pretty Steller
A $200 budget is do-able but a little tight for certain features wanted verses needed, and will take a search to find what you want. Id deff look for a unit with 4v+ RCAs out for a cleaner signal.
I always feel like Im wiping a touch screen down constantly of which Ive pretty much opted out of with an actual volume knob/ect.

Its a 2004 ranger. I'm doing a big system in it but the budget is getting tighter and tighter. My kid likes to use his iPhone for his music source and would like to be able to display the navigation on the radio as he's running it on his phone. Wireless connection would be nice, but wired might have to be the way to go. I'll check out the JVC unit. I see those 1.5 Din indash screens. Are they any good? They are China off brands.

I'm going to install an EQ, so 3 high volt pre-outs are not necessary because the EQ has a built in fader and sub control. I'm looking at the PPI E.7 or E-5V. He has PPI Atom amps, so I would like to keep the brands the same.

I’m pleasantly surprised with my Atoto head unit. I bought it as a quick temporary head unit after a car accident, but there’s no reason to replace it after using it for awhile. It’s actually decent. 4 volt rca outs, good working touchscreen, lots of expansion options, Apple CarPlay/android auto.

I'll check out that Atoto. How long have you had it?

I'll check out that Atoto. How long have you had it?
I had an older version for a year. I just bought the newer version 2 months ago and it was better. The touchscreen works very good for a cheap head unit. 4 volt preouts and a 10 band EQ. Also some type of technology that makes the radio stations sound better. I have not studied into that one yet to see how it works, but the radio does seem to have decent SQ.

Do not know anything other than reading the reviews, and Made in China. I myself wouldnt spend the money on it. Id put these funds towards a decent name brand and reliable unit
I know nothing about it. I would love to drop $300 to $400 on a name brand, but funds are pretty tight. It's my kids truck, and he doesn't have a regular job. He's a sophmore in HS still. He just dropped $400 on his Clifford 2-way security system.

I know nothing about it. I would love to drop $300 to $400 on a name brand, but funds are pretty tight. It's my kids truck, and he doesn't have a regular job. He's a sophmore in HS still. He just dropped $400 on his Clifford 2-way security system.
Reading back through this thread. I see that you are putting an EQ in, of which I am a big fan of and do in all my systems,as there is plenty of tuning at your fingertips rather than going in and out of the HU,and also helps keeping eyes on the road more as you will master that EQ in a couple weeks to just be able to reach down and turn a knob. I found a simple unit that would seem to work great for a low price and has one set of 4v RCAs which is all you need to run a set of RCAs to the eq. May take a look at it? It states it fits a 2004 Ford Ranger from Sonic Electronix

I get it.. No one wants to spend money on goodies, and as things are these days, just everyday essentials are getting even more expensive. The HU is the main source of the system, and I recommend to get the best you can for your $. sometimes even a good used unit works within your favor, or an open box unit even,that usually will still come with some type of warranty. can you fit a D.Din unit? If so, maybe take a look at the Belva unit I posted. Id trust it more than an off brand China unit and its from a well known electronics merchant that has excellent Customer Service that Ive experienced over the years,and still do today

I get it.. No one wants to spend money on goodies, and as things are these days, just everyday essentials are getting even more expensive. The HU is the main source of the system, and I recommend to get the best you can for your $. sometimes even a good used unit works within your favor, or an open box unit even,that usually will still come with some type of warranty. can you fit a D.Din unit? If so, maybe take a look at the Belva unit I posted. Id trust it more than an off brand China unit and its from a well known electronics merchant that has excellent Customer Service that Ive experienced over the years,and still do today
That Belva unit looks like a good choice. The truck is a DDin, so it will fit. I was hoping to get a SDin so I don't have to fabricate a counsel to install the EQ. However, I'm just being lazy.

I'm on board with the HU needing to be a descent product. However, in my opinion, it's not as important as it used to be with CD players, especially if there is a separate EQ in the system. The problem is, I hear there is just as many issues with the name brands as there are with the off brands, so I'm seeing what offbrands are out there that are reliable. After the HU, he still needs speakers, the material for the box and custom door panels, etc...

His current equipment is pretty descent. He has a PPI PC700.4D amp, PC1800.1D amp, and an NVX VCW124v2 sub.

Funny thing is, I'm both extremely excited as well as dreading this install. LOL... The guys, in my shop, used to call me Anal. It's almost what my real name sounds like, but it's mostly because they say I'm too anal with my installs. I have a tendency to go a little overboard on my installs and the details of it. For example, I like to use solenoids in-line with the main battery and cap. Therefore, I don't have to worry about myself, or a mechanic, throwing sparks when they disconnect the battery and short out the ends.

Reading back through this thread. I see that you are putting an EQ in, of which I am a big fan of and do in all my systems,as there is plenty of tuning at your fingertips rather than going in and out of the HU,and also helps keeping eyes on the road more as you will master that EQ in a couple weeks to just be able to reach down and turn a knob. I found a simple unit that would seem to work great for a low price and has one set of 4v RCAs which is all you need to run a set of RCAs to the eq. May take a look at it? It states it fits a 2004 Ford Ranger from Sonic Electronix

This unit.. $79.99 @ Sonic Electronix

Belva BMV62W​

Belva BMV62W Image 1
Belva BMV62W Image 2
Belva BMV62W Image 3
Belva BMV62W Image 4
Belva BMV62W Image 5
Belva BMV62W Image 12
Belva BMV62W Image 1
Belva BMV62W Image 2
Belva BMV62W Image 3
Belva BMV62W Image 4

That Belva unit looks like a good choice. The truck is a DDin, so it will fit. I was hoping to get a SDin so I don't have to fabricate a counsel to install the EQ. However, I'm just being lazy.

I'm on board with the HU needing to be a descent product. However, in my opinion, it's not as important as it used to be with CD players, especially if there is a separate EQ in the system. The problem is, I hear there is just as many issues with the name brands as there are with the off brands, so I'm seeing what offbrands are out there that are reliable. After the HU, he still needs speakers, the material for the box and custom door panels, etc...

His current equipment is pretty descent. He has a PPI PC700.4D amp, PC1800.1D amp, and an NVX VCW124v2 sub.
For $80 bucks.. Its really a decent unit and may be hard to find something within that price range with the features it has? There may be something out there though?

I like the GP Audio Glue It and Screw it ported enclosures for the $. Might take a look at those?
Check out CDT Audio they have Monthly sales on Speakers. Polk Audio MM series components are some my favorites up front and CDT HD Series and Polk DB coax. for rear fill. There are many speakers to look through and choose for the budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...