better sound?12's or 15's

marv554
10+ year member

miami
hey,

i recently bought a box design from pvaudio for 2 15"s type r (which came out great, thanks pv). Due to space limitations in my trunk it came out to 2.5 cubic feet each sub and tuned to 33 hz. the box is a dual chamber btw. Now the question is whether i would get a better sound from this box with 12's or 15's ? even though the 15's would only have 2.5 cub. ft would they still pound hard and sound good? i doubt the 12's would be louder than the 15's but im not 100% sure due to the box size. let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Marvin

hey marv i live in miami n i used to play paintball i just quite but u play for a team ?

id preffer 12"s in there ... 15"s shouldnt hurt but might bottom out sooner

and 15"s should be louder still ... especially with its capacity to handle more power

hey marv i live in miami n i used to play paintball i just quite but u play for a team ?
id preffer 12"s in there ... 15"s shouldnt hurt but might bottom out sooner

and 15"s should be louder still ... especially with its capacity to handle more power
yea ive been playing paintball for about 5 years now and i love it. about a year or two ago i was in Team Riot. we did really good in a couple of young gunz tournaments at Ruff N Tuff and Spray paint. Why did you quit man? we need more people out at the fields lol!!

well thanks for the advice. Im still not sure because i really want 15's.

So you bought box plans prior to knowing what sub you were going to use?

2.5cuft ported is a little small for the majority of 15's on the market. You would likely be better of with 12's in that enclosure size.

i think he did a good job on my design, i like how it came out.

anyways i have another question. which would sound better between these two, 2 12's in a ported box, or 2 15's in a sealed box? would the 12's still be louder in this case because thier in a ported box?

Lemme ask you a question. Why would you have bought plans for an enclosure before you decided on what to put then in or to port/Seal the box? You do realize that the box size will differ greatly depending on these 2 variables right?

yes but intially i told him that i wanted a ported box for 2 15's and i gave him the dimensions of my trunk and 2.5 cubic ft was the best he could do with my trunk size. when i saw this, I then realized that its not enough for 2 15's so im thinking about putting 12's in the box instead.

Yeah, PV is lemans ...
I personally feel sorry for anyone who gets an enclosure design from him ...
Because you're not the one getting the money and the respect. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Because you're not the one getting the money and the respect. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I doubt that's the reason but you can speculate all you want. I'm sure he does not mind anymore.

I don't really care what the reason is, for all I care marv can send James the design and he can look at it. I don't mind since I know that it's correct. What I DO care about is people trying to screw with people's income with no basis of proof or fact.

-Dave

I don't really care what the reason is, for all I care marv can send James the design and he can look at it. I don't mind since I know that it's correct. What I DO care about is people trying to screw with people's income with no basis of proof or fact.
-Dave
Speaking of which, you still need to remove the advertisement from your sig. Pronto.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.